Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Shicky4
Shicky4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cheap kindle cases?

Im a new kindle owner and I do not fancy forking out for an official kindle cover! Are there any cheap ones on the likes of ebay which people think are good? Such as just a sleeve or zip cover?
Shicky4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Head over to your local Target, Best Buy, etc. They carry some Kindle covers, and a lot of netbook covers will fit as well. eBay and Etsy have tons as well.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I ordered this from Amazon a while back:

CE Compass Cover Case for Kindle 3 (3rd Third Generation 6" Kindle Wi-Fi + 3G) Black
Sold by: Eforcity (seller profile)

For about $12..........awesome case. I wouldn't spend much more than this for a case, it's just not necessary.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool less expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
I ordered this from Amazon a while back:

CE Compass Cover Case for Kindle 3 (3rd Third Generation 6" Kindle Wi-Fi + 3G) Black
Sold by: Eforcity (seller profile)

For about $12..........awesome case. I wouldn't spend much more than this for a case, it's just not necessary.
it's even cheaper than that
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
everything you wanted to know about covers and cases
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Wow that is nice for that price! I can't tell how much I wish the official K3 cover had a little pocket to put my microfiber cloth I use to clean the screen with.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
great thread
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
I got mcovers for my 3 KSO's (mine, my son, my niece) in green, blue and pink. They are all great covers, and only 11.99 (sometimes cheaper, you know how Amazon constantly changes the prices). I originally just got a silicone skin for mine, but once I saw my son's and niece's, I ordered the mcover for myself, too.
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Wow that is nice for that price! I can't tell how much I wish the official K3 cover had a little pocket to put my microfiber cloth I use to clean the screen with.
Microfiber Cloth? Why do you think God invented 'sleeves' on shirts?
(Next you'll be telling us you use Kleenex when you sneeze!)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I got one of these here and went back for another. Absolutely nothing I could find that I did not like.

He is due to get some inventory at the end of the week.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Microfiber Cloth? Why do you think God invented 'sleeves' on shirts?
(Next you'll be telling us you use Kleenex when you sneeze!)

Stitchawl
My shirts don't have sleeves. It's summer. Yes I do use Kleenexes. I even use Clothes to clean my phone, glasses and PDA Isn't that strange?

A big reason I went with an ereader was to avoid germs, dust and pollen from used books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
TamBee
TamBee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, won it now love it
ack, where is the delete post button!

Last edited by TamBee; 07-01-2011 at 02:19 PM.
TamBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
I got one of these here and went back for another. Absolutely nothing I could find that I did not like.

He is due to get some inventory at the end of the week.
$299?

Uh.... Wait a tic.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I use an EVA/nylon zippered hard case my son bought on Amazon for less than $9. I can't seem to find the exact one, but there are a few similar ones on there. Before that, I had a $9.99 Staples generic leather zippered case for a day planner. Both had enough room for the charger cable, and the Staples case had room for the charger plug as well. You don't have to spend a lot to get a good, protective case.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I bought a Case Logic LAPST-107 for my K3 recently and like it very much:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

I got mine at a local OfficeMax for $15USD, although Amazon now has it for a bit less.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote