Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
[Rumor] Dell Streak 7" Selling Feb 2 selling for $200 on contract $450 w/o.

Wow this looks like a great deal. A 7" android tablet with Froyo 2.2, WI-FI, 3G, Tegra 2, HPSA+(4G) for only $450 w/o contract. $200 with.... hm hm this tablet looks good (more..)

The choices are starting to trickle in..

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 02-01-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: fixed typo, good thing there is the spelling police to keep us honest ;)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Its "contract".
Contract with a "t".
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Actually, I think is not a rumor, lol ... I saw the same news yesterday.

But I do prefer my beloved Galaxy Tab ... why? higher resolution with 2oz less of weight!

Dell is more powerful though, and provides 4G. Not a deal breaker on my particular case.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
T-Mob's data prices are exorbitant, I checked out a Galaxy Tab at their booth last week, and they said if I was a T-Mob subscriber it was $30, but if I wasn’t it jumped to $70. I just said “thanks” and walked away.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
T-Mob's data prices are exorbitant, I checked out a Galaxy Tab at their booth last week, and they said if I was a T-Mob subscriber it was $30, but if I wasn’t it jumped to $70. I just said “thanks” and walked away.
Hmm, I think I am not following you.

I paid about 30 bucks plus taxes, with unlimited data plan (no phone calls, of course, 'cause Galaxy Tabs are locked for that here in USA) So I can browse and use Internet via 3G, no limits, no restrictions. It is also without contract, so I can drop the 3G plan anytime without penalties. This was like 3 weeks ago? I'm in TX ...
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
As jocampo said, confirmed reports about pricing have been circulating. The reviews for this device have been mixed, though. This link includes pricing:

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/defaul...treak+7+tablet

Bummer that it didn't get better reviews. For me, a Dell Streak 5" and a bigger tablet would be a good combo.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline

Here's the review, same site: http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/31/d...reak-7-review/

Ironically, they basically confirm what I said base on mere specs. It looks like the Galaxy Tab is better in terms of resolution and even battery life. Only thing (but not sure) the Dell can be used as a phone, which can be good or bad, depending of your needs.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@joecampo go ahead dash my hopes. I was hoping Dell would deliver a good alternative vs the Samsung. While the processor is much better than the Tab (Tegra 2) the screen is a huge factor for me.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
A 7" android tablet with Froyo 2.2, WI-FI, 3G, Tegra 2, HPSA+(4G)
You cannot judge the merits of a device purely on specs...if that was all that mattered, Apples influence on the market would be more like LG's influence on the market.

Fit and finish, handling, UI, etc...all matter equally as much as price does to consumers today.

Last edited by RockdaMan; 02-02-2011 at 06:58 PM.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
@joecampo go ahead dash my hopes. I was hoping Dell would deliver a good alternative vs the Samsung. While the processor is much better than the Tab (Tegra 2) the screen is a huge factor for me.
Well, I'm speaking based on specs and couple of reviews. I have not compared side by side.

Like you, the screen is a huge factor for me. A good CPU is good but I am not planning to push the tablet too hard. I do have a Headless Linux Server at home and my Compaq laptop for heavy duty store.

Maybe you can visit a store and let us know ...