Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
annie41378
annie41378 began at the beginning.

Device: LookBook
LookBook won't turn on

I received a LookBook for Christmas and it was working fine. I used it this morning...fine.

I just went to turn it on, and it will not turn on. I had it charging earlier today, so it has a charge.

I looked in the manual but there is only information on how the device works. I would appreciate any tips to get this baby on.

Thanks!
annie41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
What's a lookbook?
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
annie41378
annie41378 began at the beginning.

Device: LookBook
LookBook is a Wireless Reader that runs Kobo. I was able to get it to turn on with a poke of the reset button (hidden on the back and you need a very small paperclip to get it to work). I love this thing so far, but I'll be returning it if I need to keep resetting it.
annie41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
This is the second LookBook that has come on here.. I believe it's a 3rd party licensed product, but isn't actually related to the kobo e-reader. the reviews I've seen for it, or at least a very similar product, have been relatively negative, however positive when it does indeed work. One reviewer had picked up 4 of them for his family and 3 of them seemed defective while the last worked fine.

It's too bad that Kobo might be getting a bad rap from this as it's not their hardware....
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
lookbook support

per the kobo customer care page http://kobo.zendesk.com/entries/3708...hnical-support

Kobo Customer Care is happy to help you with any reading-related issues on your Kobo-powered Literati or LookBook.

If you are having problems with the device itself -- WiFi or network connectivity, display issues, problems with buttons, screens, etc., you need to contact Literati and LookBook technical support.

Literati and LookBook technical support is available 9am to 9pm Pacific Time at 1-800-481-7983.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
I saw a demo unit of one of these at the check-out counter at our local CVS Pharmacy here in the northeastern USA. Got a chance to play with it a bit --- the LookBook actually "looked" fairly sleek, and the screen wasn't dreadful at all. Quite inexpensive (almost picked one up), but alas, there's the rub: looks like quality control issues rule the day.
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote