Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
chanstar
chanstar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Sony Formatting problem

Hi, Newbie here, I wonder if anyone can help. I Bought my 505 from Waterstones last thursday, everything seems fine when I download the BBC news feed with calibre and tranfer it to the reader, the problem occurs when I try to access the feed. I get the message formatting then after about a min the reader resets itself. I have tried this for a few days with the same result. I have been able to transfer a few books a read them ok. Thanks for reading this.
chanstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
You may be better off asking this question in the Calibre area of the forum, chanstar.

And welcome to the forum, by the way.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
You may be better off asking this question in the Calibre area of the forum, chanstar.

And welcome to the forum, by the way.
You mean the Sony Reader forum and not Calibre I assume?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Since the file was generated by Calibre it's definitely a problem for Calibre forum. Calibre has been known to generate files which cannot be handled by the Reader before (most notably the Sunday NY Times feed). One workaround seems to use eBook Library to transfer the files.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Since the file was generated by Calibre it's definitely a problem for Calibre forum. Calibre has been known to generate files which cannot be handled by the Reader before (most notably the Sunday NY Times feed). One workaround seems to use eBook Library to transfer the files.
Woops, my bad, didn't see that it said Calibre.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
chanstar
chanstar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Calibre

Thank you for the advice, will post the question in that forum.
chanstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
No problem, chanstar. It's just that the Calibre experts (including KovidGoyal, who invented Calibre) will be more likely to notice your query in the Calibre area.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstar View Post
Hi, Newbie here, I wonder if anyone can help. I Bought my 505 from Waterstones last thursday, everything seems fine when I download the BBC news feed with calibre and tranfer it to the reader, the problem occurs when I try to access the feed. I get the message formatting then after about a min the reader resets itself. I have tried this for a few days with the same result. I have been able to transfer a few books a read them ok. Thanks for reading this.
One thing that may work is to use eBook Library to move the feeds to the 505. eBook Library prepaginates the content that it sends to the 505 so the 505 does not have to do it. The problem seems to arise when the readers has to do it. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote