Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
pablo1978
pablo1978 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
JAILBREAK 5.1.2

Hello!
I did a web jail break to my Kindle Touch 5.1.0 and also the kindlet jailbreak and jbpach. Afterwards I install the collection manager. Finally, my kidle updated automatically to 5.1.2. The collection manager is not working. My question is if my kindle is still jailbreak or if it has been deleted by the updated. Also, there any way to go back to 5.1.0?
best
pablo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
All of this should be working. In fact, I'm running all of it on 5.1.2.

The jailbreak is not deleted on upgrading.

Please provide more details - i.e.: what do you mean by "is not working"? Which error messages do you get? What is in the system log ("showlog" via usbnetwork)?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
pablo1978
pablo1978 began at the beginning.

ixtab you 'r wright. That jailbrak is working. I just install the no ads patch an it works fine. I was me that I didn't know how to use them. I'm sorry, totally new to this.
Thanks for your great work.
pablo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Lord Beric
Immortal
Lord Beric began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
All of this should be working. In fact, I'm running all of it on 5.1.2.

The jailbreak is not deleted on upgrading.

Please provide more details - i.e.: what do you mean by "is not working"? Which error messages do you get? What is in the system log ("showlog" via usbnetwork)?

So, you are completely sure that jailbreak (no ads) and other applications (collection manager) should work on 5.1.2?
Im asking because I bought my Kindle Touch yesterday and it was 5.1.1 so I tried jailbreaking it with the "website way" but it didnt work, the ads were still there.
Now I updated it to 5.1.2 and gonna try it again.

Which method you say it is more effective to jailbreak Kindle Touch? (before the Website way I tried the one with the MP3 and it didnt work either)...thats why Im unsure of what to use...
Lord Beric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Beric View Post

So, you are completely sure that jailbreak (no ads) and other applications (collection manager) should work on 5.1.2?
Im asking because I bought my Kindle Touch yesterday and it was 5.1.1 so I tried jailbreaking it with the "website way" but it didnt work, the ads were still there.
Now I updated it to 5.1.2 and gonna try it again.

Which method you say it is more effective to jailbreak Kindle Touch? (before the Website way I tried the one with the MP3 and it didnt work either)...thats why Im unsure of what to use...
The web jailbreak is no longer working. You have to use the universal method on the wiki HERE. The web jailbreak used a bug in the browser, it's just better for everyone that this bug is fixed. By the way, it does say that the web jailbreak does not work past 5.1.0, version 5.1.1 & 5.1.2 are both past 5.1.0.

P.S. - The jailbreak does not remove ads on it's on.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Lord Beric
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
The web jailbreak is no longer working. You have to use the universal method on the wiki HERE. The web jailbreak used a bug in the browser, it's just better for everyone that this bug is fixed. By the way, it does say that the web jailbreak does not work past 5.1.0, version 5.1.1 & 5.1.2 are both past 5.1.0.

P.S. - The jailbreak does not remove ads on it's on.
Thanks!

But I read in the same wiki you put there me that web JB worked on 5.1.0 and 5.1.1, thats why I found weird it didnt work before.

Now Im gonna try the Universal method. Then I post my results.

Edit: Ok, I used that method and it seems it worked, what should I do now to remove the ads?. Im asking instead just browsing the answer because I might find and "old" method that is already useless, so I wanna be sure

Last edited by Lord Beric; 07-28-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Use your Amazon account control panel to pay the fee for a non-SO machine.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
mmatej
Connoisseur
mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.mmatej is less competitive than you.

Device: none
Execute this in SSH:
Code:
rm -rf /var/local/adunits;touch /var/local/adunits
mmatej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Use your Amazon account control panel to pay the fee for a non-SO machine.
Agreed, amazon could be a lot harder on the development community and removing the ad's is a reason for them to do that. We don't need 5.1.0 again.

P.S. - I wish they would not call it special offers though, they are ad's...
Old 07-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
Lord Beric
Immortal

I already solved things.

PS. I cant believe people "defending" this huge companie like if they were homeless guys.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
I already solved things.

PS. I cant believe people "defending" this huge companie like if they were homeless guys.
It's not as much defending as understand the idea behind it. Put yourself in amazons shoes and and drop any bias you have. Then think about it. People want the kindle at a cheaper price but then you would lose money, what do you do? Offer a kindle with ad's on it so you can earn back that lost revenue. Amazon has total control over a stock kindle. They can try to patch every hack we make (like apple, nintendo, and other of the like) that does not mean we won't try to patch their patch but it does take away from other development. Amazon is a pretty great company. They offer kindles with ads and they only thing that the ads take away from a stock kindle is a little screen space on the home page and screen savers (which on a stock kindle a pretty bad anyways). You are basically stealing money from amazon. It's like those commercials on dvd's "You wouldn't steal a car". The point is amazon does not have to offer 'special offers' kindles, they do it for people who can't get the higher priced ones. It's thirty dollars, are you really losing that much? I'm not judging you and for all I know you could be in another country where you can't unlock ads. It's just my firm belief that if you don't want ads then pay for no ads.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
PS. I cant believe people "defending" this huge company like if they were homeless guys.
Just repeating site policy there.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote