Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Piper65
Piper65 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Move files when adding

Hello,
When I get a new ebook that I'm going to add to my Calibre library I place it in a download folder (oh, I'm using Windows XP) and then Add with Calibre.
In Adding, Calibre "copies" the ebook to the Library folder structure. Can I have it "move" the ebook so that I don't have to go back to the download folder and manually delete the files that have been Added?

thanks... I hope that this made sense
Don
Piper65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
garcle
Connoisseur
garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Hello Piper,

Calibre was specifically designed to ensure that original source files are never modified or deleted as a safe guard. The file that is copied to the Calibre folder structure may in fact be modified at least its title.

Are you using the Add Book Button, or dragging and dropping?
You can add books (one or more) by dragging them on to the Calibre book list. This can be a quick way to achieve what you are looking for, by keeping the windows explorer window you used as a source open, and then deleting the selected files once you are sure that Calibre has copied them over properly.
garcle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Piper65
Piper65 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks garcle,
I wondered if that might be the reason.. I am using the Add button as it's a lot more convenient than d&d.
cheers
Don
Piper65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper65 View Post
In Adding, Calibre "copies" the ebook to the Library folder structure. Can I have it "move" the ebook so that I don't have to go back to the download folder and manually delete the files that have been Added?
Another reason calibre doesn't move them is html files. Some html files on import lose their apostrophes and quotes. When this happens you need to specify the character encoding in the html2zip file type plugin, then re-add the book from the source.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote