Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #31
asdfffdsa
asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: not sharing
Damn, that's pretty lame. Weren't they originally saying ~600USD? Given the 5 month wait and what is practically a 100% increase of the price, I would have kept the DPT-S1.
asdfffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:22 AM   #32
flying_dutchman
flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flying_dutchman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
Maybe not with some more competition around the corner by the summer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Sn...ature=youtu.be
oooh that might just be worth the wait!
flying_dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2015, 05:37 AM   #33
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
990 Euros, that's $1170, even more expensive than the Sony, funny. These 13" devices really must be made from pure gold, considering how much everyone wants for it.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:31 AM   #34
mo4co4
mo4co4 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook is total dissapointment. I waited 6 months and avoided buying Sony device, because it's more expensive and not so good configuration. Links in internet promised better device with better price in december or in the start of 2015. And now the price is higher and we need to wait more?

Present buyers should buy a Sony and future buyers should go for a Netronix device.
mo4co4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:29 PM   #35
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
netronix has a new 13.3" e-reader. hopefully, theirs will be more affordable.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #36
GalacticHull
Enthusiast
GalacticHull began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2O
The estimates I was given by Pocketbook a few days ago are 990 euros (at this moment, $1,127 USD) for the Cad Reader, which will have stylus support, etc.

The Flex, which will not have touch input, which makes me wonder what use it actually serves, is estimated at 590 euros (or $671 USD).

The official price will come at a later date, and they are expected to hit summer, 2015, and will be available "from the Pocketbook website." Which I read as: only at the Pocketbook website.

May as well buy a Sony: it's a better price if you want to highlight, annotate, scribble in 'margins'. Sony tends to make superior products, I believe. Or, buy the Cad Flex; you can then carry a notebook along to write out every passage deemed essential.

Welcome to fantasy land of "competition" where everyone does the same thing for about the same price.

...maybe netronix will make their first good eink reader. Hope so!
GalacticHull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #37
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticHull View Post
The official price will come at a later date, and they are expected to hit summer, 2015, and will be available "from the Pocketbook website." Which I read as: only at the Pocketbook website.
Which I read as: Some time late 2015 or 2016
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #38
mo4co4
mo4co4 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I think that netronix has a super place for selling - many users have waited pocketbook and it's delaying even more. So, who comes first get's the sales. Devices are quite expensive anyway and most of users won't need two similar items. So, nice competition
mo4co4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #39
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo4co4 View Post
I think that netronix has a super place for selling - many users have waited pocketbook and it's delaying even more. So, who comes first get's the sales. Devices are quite expensive anyway and most of users won't need two similar items. So, nice competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Netronix cannot sell its "knockoff" because the the number of lawsuits it would face.
PocketBook (Russian company) has never shown working device. All you can see (since December 2013) are computer generated ideas. PocketBook took down all the CAD Reader/Flex pictures from their websites.
Anyway I would love (I need) five 13inch low powered devices for my team. I am waiting 10 years already.
I am sorry but there is no competition.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:10 AM   #40
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Anybody from Baltimore, MD?
PocketBook should be presenting "CAD Reader Flex" in Hyatt Regency Baltimore at The Electronics retail summit until March 25th:
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/new...tbook-ers-2015

Why PocketBook was not rather showing it at CeBIT?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #41
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm in the area, but I don't have transportation. Damn.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #42
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticHull View Post

The Flex, which will not have touch input, which makes me wonder what use it actually serves, is estimated at 590 euros (or $671 USD).
The link fdgas provided for the PocketBook New's page says: "...PocketBook CAD Reader Flex a hi-end device for professional usage with the unique flexible structure of the housing and touchscreen"

I presume it means that it will have, at least, touch input. Even if it doesn't support stylus input, finger (touch) input it's enough to get things done for me (underline text, mark some pages, write some notes). At this price, I'll probably buy it (but I will wait to see if Netronix put something on sale).
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #43
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
990 Euros, that's $1170, even more expensive than the Sony, funny. These 13" devices really must be made from pure gold, considering how much everyone wants for it.
99‰ of the time products are priced the same in Europe in euros as US dollars, so if it really will be priced at 990 euros it will come in at 990 dollars.,but I doubt that will be the launch price especially now since Sony lowered the price of their similar product to 800.

Has there been any new info on the CAD reader? Is it really coming out next month as a previous poster had stated?

I wouldn't really want to pay over 600 for this but it seems to cover everything I would want from a do it all ereader.i currently have a galaxy tablet and a kindle voyage and whilst I understand a ereader isn't really a replacement for a tablet I am very susceptible to eye fatigue and strain and believe a device like this would actually make a pretty substantial positive impact on my daily life.
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #44
rpv
Enthusiast
rpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX
No new news on the Pocketbook CAD reader! I am waiting for it has Android and could read epubs and Kindle books etc. Hope they execute well..
rpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:25 AM   #45
skobie78
Enthusiast
skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Onyx M92, Onyx Boox Max
Somebody left this comment on the goodereader blog yesterday, who knows whether it's accurate:
Quote:
Paul Richards • a day ago

Viktoriia Podovinnikova of the Customer Support Center recenrly told me that release date of the CAD Reader Flex has been postponed and it is expected in September 2015.
http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...k-cad-e-reader
skobie78 is offline   Reply With Quote