Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
fkeefe
fkeefe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Post Hello from Florida

Hi. I've just begun my research into an ebook reader, and used Google to find this site, which appears to be chock full of informations and opinions -- exactly what I was looking for.
I also read a rumor that Barnes & Noble was considering their own device, but not sure how true that might be.

I'll be heading to Ireland for a holiday in July, and would like to make a decision and purchase before then. I welcome any and all feedback (I know....I must be crazy!) Thanks all!

Frances
fkeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Frances
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkeefe View Post
Hi. I've just begun my research into an ebook reader, and used Google to find this site, which appears to be chock full of informations and opinions -- exactly what I was looking for.
I also read a rumor that Barnes & Noble was considering their own device, but not sure how true that might be.

I'll be heading to Ireland for a holiday in July, and would like to make a decision and purchase before then. I welcome any and all feedback (I know....I must be crazy!) Thanks all!

Frances
Hello, fkeefe, and welcome to Mobileread.

Do you currently have a Kindle 2 as shown on your profile, or is that what you are thinking of getting?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Francis and welcome!

I'm sure you will find loads of information here to help you find the right device. Let us know how you get on.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Frances and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 5050 for over a year now and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
jairizarry
jairizarry began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Are you on the Treasure Coast?

Hi,

I'm Julie on the Treasure Coast. I have a Sony 500 that I bought about 3 years ago. I was actually on the waiting list as soon as I read the reviews from the Las Vegas tech show that year!

I've just upgraded to the 505, didn't get the 700 because of the lack of screen definition that the touch screen causes. Also, too many people on this forum recommended the 505.

Well, good luck on your decision. I've taken my book everywhere and I still get people asking me what it is. I tell them it's an Ipod for books. That seems to satisfy most people.

By the way, the black leather cover on my reader is just now getting ratty with little crumbs falling off. I guess 3 years is about the lifespan for the covers. Also, dropped mine one time and put a tiny dent on the upper right corner, but it still works fine. The battery is still holding a charge well. The only criticism I have is the awful website for buying the books. They really should just start over on that.

Hope this helps.

Julie
jairizarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Aloha! Welcome to MR. I vote Sony 505 Check out the which one should I buy forum for some great discourse on various devices. whichever one you pick, you'll be thrilled!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote