Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
PPhoenix
PPhoenix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Font Hack not possible on my Kindle International 2.5.3 (490488060)

I installed the update from the Amazon webpage on my k2i and I am not able to install any custom fonts. I need unicode for cyrillic so I really have a problem now.

Is it right that amazon has fixed the tarbomb vulnerability to prevent any hacks.

What can i do? Is it possible to go back to an earlier firmware somehow?
PPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
katzenstreik
Winged Ape
katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2i
With 2.5.x you have to use a different way to install unicode fonts as you're used to. I just tried NiJuLe's method (it's here in the Developer's Corner as well!!!) and it works fine on my 2i:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind..._2.5.x_Kindles

If there are more questions along the way this is the NiJuLe's thread.
katzenstreik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The revised update works fine once the kindle has been restarted.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
PPhoenix
PPhoenix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks alot, dudes. The hack now works for me and I have my beloved Georgia font back. Can't believe, that amazon still does not offer unicode fonts on the reader with not modified firmware.
PPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote