Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Crash on nonexistent "title" metadata element

If the "title" metadata element is nonexistent, EPUBReader fails to load the book.

Yes, epubs like this are against the epub spec. But EPUBReader should still be able to open them. I create a lot of test epubs while developing Sigil, and I usually don't bother adding metadata. It would be nice if EPUBReader could handle these.

It would also be great if I could use the left and right arrow keys to trigger the two green buttons at the bottom for changing chapters.

Otherwise this is an amazing extension to Firefox. I truly mean that. I need access to various epub readers, and this one uses Gecko (since it's Firefox), which makes it a nice addition to my testbed. It also has a nice, simple UI and it's very fast. And it works in full-screen mode!

Many thanks for developing this!
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Hi Valloric, thanks for your feedback! I've put your change requests in the "change request" thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63767.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
Hi Valloric, thanks for your feedback! I've put your change requests in the "change request" thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63767.
I used Valloric's Sigil to add the metadata to an ePub that wouldn't open in EPUBReader because the title metadata was missing. It opens fine now. Thanks to you both.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
If the "title" metadata element is nonexistent, EPUBReader fails to load the book.

Yes, epubs like this are against the epub spec. But EPUBReader should still be able to open them. I create a lot of test epubs while developing Sigil, and I usually don't bother adding metadata. It would be nice if EPUBReader could handle these.
The new version 1.2.3 which handles this now, is available at the Mozilla website. To force the update, go to the Firefox menu "Tools/Addons" and click on "update".
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote