Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
DEAD(ish) - Murder, Ghost, Vengeance and Hilarity

DEAD(ish) is a very short, fast-paced comedy about a dead woman wreaking vengeance on her ex-boyfriend while trying to find out what the hell he's done with her body.

It's free to download from Smashwords in multiple formats

Warning: Does contain an inordinate amount of swearing, as noted by a reviewer or two. But it's not particularly explicit otherwise.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I enjoyed the opening, so I've added it to my read list
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm, looks funny ! i've downloaded it too. thank you !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

I also made a quick cover
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deadish.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	33727   Click image for larger version

Name:	deadish2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	33728  

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-06-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moejoe - Thanks!! I like.
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Moejoe - Thanks!! I like.
No probs If you want any alterations or you have a suggestion to make the covers better, just let me know (I threw them together quickly). Also I'm now following you on twitter (I'm typewriterhead)
Old 08-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
No probs If you want any alterations or you have a suggestion to make the covers better, just let me know (I threw them together quickly). Also I'm now following you on twitter (I'm typewriterhead)
The only thing that niggles is the bow, on full-size - it's a bit messy (stray pixels). Any chance of a) cleaning it up or b) substituting a drawn one?

I feel like I'm really pushing my luck here, considering you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
The only thing that niggles is the bow, on full-size - it's a bit messy (stray pixels). Any chance of a) cleaning it up or b) substituting a drawn one?

I feel like I'm really pushing my luck here, considering you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart!
No probs at all I love making covers, I do them for my own writing too and some other people around here so if I can improve them, all the better. I understand your concerns with the bow. I'll try a vector now and see how it comes out. Anything else you'd like, different colours, different blurb that kind of thing, just let me know
Old 08-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
nomesque

Nope, other than that, I'm happy. Gobsmacked that you could just whip something up that's near-perfect for the tone of the book, but happy The black, btw, is my favourite, I think.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Try this one, see what you think

Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
It looks like a fun read, nomesque. Thanks for letting us download it. And I agree, the black cover is my favorite, too, but both look great.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Mmmm.. I'm still not liking the bow. It seems...fuzzy. Give me a bit and I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Okay I shifted over to Inkscape and went pure vectors, I think this one is close:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SKULLY1.PNG
Views:	389
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	33745  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #14
nomesque

Fantastic Many thanks, MoeJoe!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
nomesque

What info would you like included in the credits?

Tags
humor, humour, mystery, vengeance