Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Indecisive
Indecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: None
Question Safest place to buy kobo aura hd

Ok, I'm not a regular here but somebody may have noticed my posts about how I seem to have wrecked my aura hd screen. I can't really afford another one but my migraines, etc. have me thinking I won't be happy if I get something else when the difference isn't that huge. I'm in Canada and I am planning on buying another. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the best vender to get it from as far as dealing with returns or defects. Basically, who do you like for customer service? Does anyone have a really awesome warranty plan? I'd better start searching the forums for threads on cases too I guess!
Indecisive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I bought mine about a month ago and had a hard time finding ANY vendor that had one. I bought off of Amazon from Triplenet Pricing and was happy to get it for $188. It's $193 from them now. The lowest priced Amazon vendor selling it has it for $186. Bestbuy was out of stock. Wal-mart ran out of stock the day before I decided to buy it. I will say that I got it quickly, four days if I remember correctly.

I just looked and see that futureshop.ca has them in stock for $169.99 CAD.

I bought this case and have been pretty happy with it. The red is much deeper than the one displayed, almost scarlet.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you looked at any of the 3rd party warranty services that exist.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #4
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I bought my Aura HD at Chapters Indigo bookstore.

There was a pixel light defect and they allowed me to exchange the unit twice within the return period.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #5
Indecisive
Indecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
I bought mine about a month ago and had a hard time finding ANY vendor that had one. I bought off of Amazon from Triplenet Pricing and was happy to get it for $188. It's $193 from them now. The lowest priced Amazon vendor selling it has it for $186. Bestbuy was out of stock. Wal-mart ran out of stock the day before I decided to buy it. I will say that I got it quickly, four days if I remember correctly.

I just looked and see that futureshop.ca has them in stock for $169.99 CAD.

I bought this case and have been pretty happy with it. The red is much deeper than the one displayed, almost scarlet.
Thanks, I'll check futureshop
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #6
Indecisive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Have you looked at any of the 3rd party warranty services that exist.
I'm so unfamiliar with the concept I'm petrified all of them are scams.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:49 AM   #7
Indecisive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
I bought my Aura HD at Chapters Indigo bookstore.

There was a pixel light defect and they allowed me to exchange the unit twice within the return period.
Hmm, really. That sounds promising. I wonder if I'd still get the same service buying it from chapters online. Thanks
Old 06-10-2014, 01:32 AM   #8
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
Since you're in Canada Chapters Indigo is the best place to buy Kobo products. It's where I bought my Kobo Glo.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:49 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember though if you damage the screen I don't think Indigo or any reseller will be of any help.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #10
Indecisive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember though if you damage the screen I don't think Indigo or any reseller will be of any help.
Yeah, I know. But the break just reminded me I need to have all my bases covered.

Of course now I've run across all the "will kobo release something soon" threads and I'm worried about pulling the trigger in the hopes that they might upgrade the screens to make their "impact resistance" claims hold water. But they probably won't! But my name is indecisive for a reason!

Thanks! Also, to other posters that helped out. I think I'll buy it from chapters
Old 06-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
remember that announcing new products and product release dates are often different ... they don't announce and make available on the same day. you can look through this forum and see when new products have come out. usually if i remember correctly, announcements are made late summer and products come out in fall. so we're still a bit aways. the goal is usually have new products out in time to order for christmas.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #12
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
From Wikipedia,Kobo Readers Release dates.
Kobo eReader Wireless 10 May 2010
Kobo eReader Touch:23 May 2011
Kobo Glo:6 September 2012
Kobo Mini:6 September 2012
Kobo Aura HD:17 April 2013
Kobo Aura:27 August 2013

I had to look this up because of CRS.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #13
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
those dates are actually contradicted by further wikipedia articles ... i just clicked on the Glo article, and it says 6 Sept. was the announcement, and 14 Oct. the release date when it was actually available for sale. Which sounds right ... I bought my first touch as they were clearing out inventory in anticipation of the Glo's launch.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #14
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I looked up release dates because I knew the Aura HD limited edition was first sold at weird month.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
venders, warranties