Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #226
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointpixie View Post
I can't unlock the Book Lover award (of all things) for some reason. I have almost all of the other badges (including Juggernaut - yay!) and my KT says I'm logged in to my account, etc. I've had my KT for quite some time and never really noticed before now, so of course now that I've noticed it's driving me nuts! Any suggestions??
I have a KT, and i couldn't get Book Lover on mine either. The way i did get it was to use my iphone and download the Kobo app. When i got my books on there, book lover automatically registered, like it's supposed to, and so i synced my devices, and the award transferred over. i know that's not much help if you don't have a phone/device that can use the app, but it's the best i have!
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #227
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
You need to read 5 Austin books. Or at least I think you do. I've read 3 and am 60% thru that one.
yup, you need to read the five most famous titles by jane austen (or at least that's what i did), and they're all free editions on the kobo book store.
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #228
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Quote:
You need to read 5 Austin books. Or at least I think you do. I've read 3 and am 60% thru that one.
which five books did you read?

I think the ones you want are:

P&P, S&S, Emma, Persuasion and Northanger Abbey
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #229
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Quote:
It can't be any issue of the required classics. I read Alice in Wonderland but it was the wrong one so it didn't count.....I read all 5 but there is something wrong somewhere and I am only ay 80%
Yeah, i've the same issue with classic attack. I emailed the people at Kobo, and they couldn't really help. They confirmed that the books on the list are indeed the ones we need to read, but i've read them over and over on iphone and KT, and it's not really done anything. I'm stuck at 80%. It's really annoying!!!!

Does anyone have any idea about how to get it? Or is there a glitch in the award?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #230
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Quote:
welcome to reading life
book lover
facebook
i love my library
once upon a time
not an open book
pressed for details
scout leader
highly decorated
deep thinker
inverted comma
night rider
word up
classic attack-80%
papillon
total recall
freeloader
instapaper
the twain award
juggernaut
afternoon rush hour
happy hour
prime time
better in bed
witching hour
graveyard shift
kill the commute
sleeping in
i eat books for lunch
playing hooky
lost in austin-60%
off the wall
all you can eat
magic kobo reader
lolz-ok I cheated for this one. I lol-ed a passage in The Haunted Bookstore!
fangtasia-not quite sure how I got this. I downloaded a preview of Dead Reckoning then read Pretty Little Liars. bWhen I finished that book, the award popped up!
dead reckoning-not sure how I got this. I was looking thru my awards and it was there!
total closer
just the highlights.
Foxfire, i'm impressed with all those awards! i wanted to ask a few questions about a few i've no idea about!

1. Magic Kobo reader. Is this one only available for ipad?? i have an iphone, and i can't find it, or i don't know how! :S how did you get it? is it the whole turning the reader upside down? cos that doesn't seem to work on the iphone

2. what's the haunted bookstore?

3. Did you only read the preview of dead reckoning? And did you buy the full edition of pretty little liars?

4. Are you from the US/Canada or from the UK? i can't find the link on the kobo bookstore for Dead Reckoning. i've searched for it for a while now. I don't think it's available on the kobo store in the UK. or did you get it via some other means?
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #231
sarasa1
Enthusiast

no idea how i got it, but fangtasia just popped up on my iphone. literally haven't done anything/downloaded a book, or anything at all. Wierd :S
Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #232
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasa1 View Post
1. Magic Kobo reader. Is this one only available for ipad?? i have an iphone, and i can't find it, or i don't know how! :S how did you get it? is it the whole turning the reader upside down? cos that doesn't seem to work on the iphone
Yes, Magic Kobo is only accessible on iPad. As for how, ah, well, that's one award I won't give the secret away for!
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #233
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Yes, Magic Kobo is only accessible on iPad. As for how, ah, well, that's one award I won't give the secret away for!
lol, thanks sharkus for letting me know. i already know how to get it on the ipad (but i don't have one, only an iphone) so i'll take it off my list! ah well.. what a shame, it was the one i was most curious about!!!

Sharkus, do you know if there are any others that are only for the iphone and not the ipad?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #234
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
lol, thanks sharkus for letting me know. i already know how to get it on the ipad (but i don't have one, only an iphone) so i'll take it off my list! ah well.. what a shame, it was the one i was most curious about!!!

Sharkus, do you know if there are any others that are only for the iphone and not the ipad?
As far as I'm aware, that is the only award that is specific to the iOS device you are using. All of the other awards should be obtainable on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #235
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Brilliant. Also (if you don't mind me picking your brain) i've got a few other questions you might be able to answer?

1. milk and cookies, holiday cheer, out with the old, and the new you.. am i right in saying those four are obsolete?

2. the millionth award. I assume that was available for one person to win, and now its gone out its not achievable for anyone else?

3. i think you've mentioned previously that time lord is publisher related.. i just wanted to ask if that was true? or is it to do with the HG wells novel, which i read, but didn't gain the award.

4. is dead reckoning award available just by reading the preview of the book? that's whats been posted on here before, but it doesn't seem to have worked for me.. :S

Sorry to pelt you with questions.. i understand that you don't like to say how to get the awards, so i'm just asking for clarification on stuff that's already on this thread.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #236
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Foxfire, i'm impressed with all those awards! i wanted to ask a few questions about a few i've no idea about!

2. what's the haunted bookstore?

3. Did you only read the preview of dead reckoning? And did you buy the full edition of pretty little liars?

4. Are you from the US/Canada or from the UK? i can't find the link on the kobo bookstore for Dead Reckoning. i've searched for it for a while now. I don't think it's available on the kobo store in the UK. or did you get it via some other means?
1). Magic kobo reader is on ipad. Go to your library and in the lower right side you will see a wrench. Click on it then shake your ipad and turn it upside down. That should give you the magic kobo reader. It's similar to a magic eight ball. That should give you the magic kobo reader award.

2)The Haunted Bookstore is a novel by Christopher Morley....sorry if I caused some confusion.....

3) I went thru the pages provided on the preview of Dead Reckoning. There is actually no preview since it blocks the book out before the story begins. I think this is how I gotbthe Dead Reckoning Award, but I am not sure. I was going thru my awards and saw that the Dead Reckoning Award was there. I did buy the full edition of Pretty Little Liars. The preview hooked me!

4). I am in the US...and I have the kobo app downloaded on my ipad.
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #237
foxfire
Enthusiast

Quote:
Brilliant. Also (if you don't mind me picking your brain) i've got a few other questions you might be able to answer?

1. milk and cookies, holiday cheer, out with the old, and the new you.. am i right in saying those four are obsolete?

2. the millionth award. I assume that was available for one person to win, and now its gone out its not achievable for anyone else?

3. i think you've mentioned previously that time lord is publisher related.. i just wanted to ask if that was true? or is it to do with the HG wells novel, which i read, but didn't gain the award.

4. is dead reckoning award available just by reading the preview of the book? that's whats been posted on here before, but it doesn't seem to have worked for me.. :S

Sorry to pelt you with questions.. i understand that you don't like to say how to get the awards, so i'm just asking for clarification on stuff that's already on this thread.
I was told that the milk and cookies, holidy cheer, out with the old, and new you were for a past Christmas and New Year and doesn't work now. It had to do with reading Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

The millionth award is, I believe, for anyone who reads one million pages.

I don't know about time lord......and see my other reply about dead reckoning.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #238
foxfire
Enthusiast

Quote:
no idea how i got it, but fangtasia just popped up on my iphone. literally haven't done anything/downloaded a book, or anything at all. Wierd :S

Fangtasia popped up on my ipad when I finished Pretty Little Liars.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #239
foxfire
Enthusiast

Quote:
which five books did you read?

I think the ones you want are:

P&P, S&S, Emma, Persuasion and Northanger Abbey
My bad....I onlynhave 40% on the Austen award. I read Sense and Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice, and Emma. I didn't get credit for Emma....
Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #240
foxfire
Enthusiast

I did have Page Turner but it has disappeared. At least I think I did. I remember a pop up that said I had read for 2 hours straight. But I can't find it now.....

Tags
awards, reading life, touch