Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Earl Grey
Earl Grey began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
PB902 not recognising microSD cards: old firmware problem?

I just received my PB902 two days ago.

Screen is great, find viewing pdf files rather good, but my pocketbook has a really bad problem: I have heaps of files, way more than the inbuilt memory, and the reader is not recognising microSD cards.

Firstly, I am putting the card in gold teeth up, and gold teeth first into the reader. It gives a bit of a click, but part of it remains outside the reader (not heaps, but it is not flush with the edge).

I purchased an accessory pack with my 902 which contained a 2Gb Dane-Elec brand microSD. It worked fine on the laptop, plus I tried formatting it, but when placed in the reader there was no recognition of the card itself nor of the pdf files I placed on the card. There was also no recognition of two separate device drives on the computer - only the pocketbook showed up as a device.

After some reading here about class 4 speed, I bought another microSD card, which some users on this forum have used successfully: Sony 8Gb class 4, SR-8A4. This card didn't work either, and I really don't know what to do.

The only other thing I can think of is that I may have old firmware. Does anyone know if pocketbooks are sold with version 2.02 and the expectation that the user will install later versions?

I am unsure, think I may have version 2.02. For one thing, one of the problems listed as "Fixed" in the release notes for version 2.03 is:
"The device and SD card were not determined on some computers, as two removable disk drives."

For another thing, when I checked Configuration > About Device it said my software version was W902.2.0.2 20101113_153656 which seems to be version 2.02 as far as I can see.

At the moment, the reader is useless to me without its extra SD memory to hold my technical pdfs.

Earl Grey
Earl Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
Firstly, I am putting the card in gold teeth up, and gold teeth first into the reader. It gives a bit of a click, but part of it remains outside the reader (not heaps, but it is not flush with the edge).

Earl Grey, I fear you haven't put your micro-sd card properly into the reader. Properly done, there is no part outside, you can't see the card then. Could you try it again, please? I know, it's not so easy to get these little beasts into the reader.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi there,
you will need a bit of a fingernail to insert the card proper. It has to be pushed against a small spring and there will be a quite audible "Click" when it locks. Releasing your finger the card should remain approx. 1 mm inside the reader
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
teofrast
Enthusiast
teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: pocketbook902
hi,
I used a small coin to push the card all the way in, as my nails could not reach deep enough (and I DON'T eat my nails )
same sony card as yours and it works flawlessly.
cheers
t
teofrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #5
Earl Grey
Earl Grey began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Thanks everyone, it worked!

I used a small coin, as Teofrast did, to push it in further than my nail could reach.

Really appreciate all your responses!

Earl Grey
Earl Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert