Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
batti
batti began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Exclamation 360 - Display issues

So a couple of hours ago, I had my 360 and my cell phone sitting next to (and partially on top of) each other under my pillow when my cell phone rang. After receiving the call, I took my 360 to read a book when I realized that my display was completely spoiled. It was working fine today morning which was when I last used it.

Attached is a picture of how it looks now. Does the warranty cover these kinds of things? Or is this the end of my 360?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image0039.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	54060  

Last edited by batti; 06-25-2010 at 07:44 AM.
batti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Aw, batti, I am sorry - but that is a picture of a PB360 with a broken screen, which means the end of your PB360 (or at least its screen).

You'll have to get with Pocketbook to get it repaired with a new screen or to buy a new reader.

I am unsure how/if the warranty covers broken screens - but I am 100% sure the people from Pocketbook will help you out as much as they can.

Marilyn

Last edited by Mickey330; 06-25-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Darn grammar ... :-)
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Aren't broken screens more jagged that than usually? All the images I've seen of broken screens have diagonal cuts through the screen. This actually looks like part of the display.

I really hope it's not a broken screen for your sake, batti! When reading your post I immediately took my iPhone off the top of my PB360. Not taking any chances.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:35 AM   #4
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Has the screens the problem exactly there where your mobilephone was sitting on your 360?

In my eyes it doesnt look like a "classical" broken screen. Am i wrong, or is it only the upper part of the screens, which has an defect (if you think you take th 360 right-handed)?

In your position, i would wait a while. Perhaps take the 360 on a very cold place (this fixed my display issue i had once, i took in my cooler)
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
batti

Yeah, almost like the phone left an imprint on the reader.

The manual does talk of keeping the reader away from electromagnetic radiation, so it looks like IndecisiveMe took a good decision

Thanks Ulli for the tip, I'll try it and let you know...
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by batti View Post
Yeah, almost like the phone left an imprint on the reader.

The manual does talk of keeping the reader away from electromagnetic radiation, so it looks like IndecisiveMe took a good decision

Thanks Ulli for the tip, I'll try it and let you know...
Yes, as we are stating in our manual. it is generally a good idea to protect your screen from electromagnetic radiation and this was a classical case. Please try Ulli's trick and try a reset, too. (Move the lid of your battery case, there's a reset hole hidden underneath. I that doesn't help. we will have to repair, it, I'm afraid.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
batti

I tried both and I'm afraid neither worked.

How do I go about the repair procedure?
(I swear it's soo nice to have someone from PB representing it in the community)
Old 06-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #8
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Write an E-Mail to service@pocketbook.de (Europe) or service@pocketbook-usa.com (USA) with a description of your problem and your adress.

Choose the Mail by your location

Last edited by Ulli; 06-27-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote