Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
rblover69
rblover69 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS900BC
Folders for collections

i often would like to organize my own books in folders in a collection system, but the 900 seems to do it buy its own segments...has anyone found a way to personalize the organization of there collection...Sometimes i want a horror book in a horror section and comic in the comic section lol
rblover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Hi rblover69, welcome to MR.

You can't actually create collections on the 900 itself, that is a big peeve of mine as well. You can use either the Sony software or Calibre. Most people prefer Calibre and that is what I use as well. Using Calibre you can add and change the tags on the file and then the reader will create a collection for all of the tags. So if you have a book and add the tag line: "horror,not read". It will appear in a "horror" collection and a "not read" collection on your reader. It will also create collections by author and for series too.

There is a whole forum here on MR for Calibre: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

The only thing I use the Sony software for is place the books in a collection in specific order, other than that it is Calibre all the way.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I have only had my Sony PRS 900 for a couple of months but I thoroughly second the recommendation of calibre. I can get my collections with the names I want pretty easily by using tags in calibre. I can catagorize books by genre and even sub genre and series as well as calibre's automatically using name of author. There is good help in the calibre forum for getting started. And best of all the price is right (free!)
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #4
rblover69
rblover69 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS900BC
Thanks alot def going to look into this , what is a library without organization! lol
rblover69 is offline   Reply With Quote