Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 02:22 AM   #31
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Argh! I'm accumulating too many devices as is!
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #32
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Argh! I'm not accumulating enough devices as is!

They are coming faster than I can afford
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 AM   #33
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Argh! I'm not accumulating enough devices as is!

They are coming faster than I can afford
Pffft... Haven't you figured it out yet? He/she who has the highets number of lieussesesss (I HATE that word! I can never get it right) when he/she dies wins.

You are WAY behind Sweetpea, enough with the procastrinating and start bying devices! And no, cameras doesn't count
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Pffft... Haven't you figured it out yet? He/she who has the highets number of lieussesesss (I HATE that word! I can never get it right) when he/she dies wins.

You are WAY behind Sweetpea, enough with the procastrinating and start bying devices! And no, cameras doesn't count
Hey, I'm on my fourth device already! And the 5th will be here by the end of the year.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #35
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Remember, whom ever dies with the most ebook readers, wins!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #36
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In a years time, I got an N800, another iPod, my 505, my s10e netbook, an maudio mic and mixer, GPS for my N800, new phone, bluetooth USB dongle to use with phone, Zaurus SL-5500, and not to mention an Xbox 360, and 20 or so games for it. I am poor, so can't afford alot, but seem to be lucking into some great deals ($45 for the ipod, $100 off the netbook, half off on the maudio equipment, $1.72 for the dongle, $20 for the GPS, half off on the 360, and averaging $12 a game on the 360). They keep making offers I can't refuse! ~$200 for a twin screened machine in a netbook size is a really good price.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #37
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
In a years time, I got an N800, another iPod, my 505, my s10e netbook, an maudio mic and mixer, GPS for my N800, new phone, bluetooth USB dongle to use with phone, Zaurus SL-5500, and not to mention an Xbox 360, and 20 or so games for it. I am poor, so can't afford alot, but seem to be lucking into some great deals ($45 for the ipod, $100 off the netbook, half off on the maudio equipment, $1.72 for the dongle, $20 for the GPS, half off on the 360, and averaging $12 a game on the 360). They keep making offers I can't refuse! ~$200 for a twin screened machine in a netbook size is a really good price.
Hey! I've got some really good offers on some prime realestate down the Florida way. You can't refuse it... I promise
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #38
Hellmark
Wizard

Screw Florida, I'm a Missouri boy!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #39
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hey! I've got some really good offers on some prime realestate down the Florida way. You can't refuse it... I promise
If I can close in the next week, will you throw in the Golden Gate?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #40
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
asus always seems to deliver. and their EEE line is what invented the netbook market....
I'm not necessarily saying "it will not exist." I'm saying that it is silly to speculate about a device with vague or no published specs and no real release date.

Once they get them to reviewers or start shipping, then it makes sense to discuss its qualities.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #41
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
I would love a double screen reader like this, especially for my comics and artbooks. Reading double spread pages shrunk and rotated or cut in half is not fun.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg75 View Post
It says full color, so it can't be eInk.. and also it must be backlit. There are no color non-transmissive screens commercially available for anywhere near that price.
I'm sorry? My Compaq iPaq 4700 Pocket PC has a "transflective" colour LCD screen, which is most definitely not backlit. Such screens rely on being lit from the front.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #43
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm sorry? My Compaq iPaq 4700 Pocket PC has a "transflective" colour LCD screen, which is most definitely not backlit. Such screens rely on being lit from the front.
+1

Me too, my Sony Clie nx73v has one also...it works pretty well outdoors in full color.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #44
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yea, and both that and the Clio are way, way above £100 new...
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #45
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Yea, and both that and the Clio are way, way above £100 new...
yeah, so what? My device was made 6-YEARS ago and sold for around US$450-$500ish. Also PDA devices do far more than function as a ebook reading device. Reading is a trivial use of the computing power any of these devices.

Today day an nx73v can be found used, for WELL UNDER US$100 and have years of life left in them. New batteries cost like $6. Same for the iPaq 4700 if you have patience and shop around.

I do not understand your comment or how it applies in this discussion. If it helps I suggest you research Moore's Law. You can also learn more if you search using "tear down cost {insert device name here}". That search will usually yield a pretty solid picture of the costs for building a device. Not always, but usually.

FYI, my device is not a "Cleo" but a Clie...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote