Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #16
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
I think it is rather rude to assume that people who read this forum give a hoot about american law... Would you guys just notice this is an international forum?

janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #17
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know about one weird side effect of carrying m92 around. My faculty library is equipped with one of those supermarket style anti-shoplifiting systems which sound an alarm whenever a book is taken out without first being "disarmed". Now it turns out m92 triggers this alarm - I carried it in a notebook bag, it was off... And the effect is persistent, regardless of position of the device relative to system's gate.

This may sound stupid and all, but I don't really like attracting everyone's attention whenever I enter the library (let alone being strip-searched on every such occasion - some librarians are young and female but some quite the opposite ). And this is not going to be funny at all in a supermarket with real security.
it is not stupid at all .. very interesting instead..
so the concerns about sleep disturbances M92 related may have some basis
what would be interesting would be to know which part of the M92 exactly trigger this alarm.
the M92 is very simple to disassemble and reassemble and if you can use a screwdriver you could try.
Maybe is the battery or the speaker..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #18
morantis
Zealot
morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
"I am just stating what the court records show."

I am sure you can back that up with some links to relevant verdicts or newspaper articles ...
A quick one, 10 secs on Google

Yeah, that was hard to find!
morantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #19
papyrus
papyrus began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3), Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
it is not stupid at all .. very interesting instead..
so the concerns about sleep disturbances M92 related may have some basis
what would be interesting would be to know which part of the M92 exactly trigger this alarm.
the M92 is very simple to disassemble and reassemble and if you can use a screwdriver you could try.
Maybe is the battery or the speaker..
There are some technologies for these alarms: RF and magnetic. I think it's more likely the first method.

A technical description of different systems can be found here:

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...ing-device.htm (page 4 onwards)

Normally the triggering part is a resonator (coil or coil+capacitor) in the 8 MHz range that is part of the circuit electronics and thus, cannot be removed/changed. I don't think it will be easy to diagnose without knowing device electronics schematics and alarm specifications.

Maybe a metal case container is a valid workaround....checking to wrap it with 2-3 turns of aluminum foil can be useful as a PoC to determine this before purchasing one.

One of these days I will carry mine on walk to see if I suffer the same issue.

Last edited by papyrus; 05-22-2012 at 07:11 PM.
papyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #20
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by morantis View Post
A quick one, 10 secs on Google

Yeah, that was hard to find!

Your statements:

"I do not agree with this, I am just stating what the court records show."
"and all that good stuff and 9 times out of 10 will win. "

In you link it says: "filed a lawsuit seeking $500,000 "

Not so easy after all ...
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #21
morantis
Zealot
morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
Your statements:

"I do not agree with this, I am just stating what the court records show."
"and all that good stuff and 9 times out of 10 will win. "

In you link it says: "filed a lawsuit seeking $500,000 "

Not so easy after all ...
You do realize that your response made no sense at all yes?
morantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #22
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #23
papyrus
papyrus began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3), Onyx M92
@janek

I agree with you...better focus on the device problem than in legal - law discussions, which are country-dependant.

Have you tried something?
papyrus is offline   Reply With Quote