Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Sales Update on Second Novel: Surprises

It's almost the end of March so I figured I'd offer a quick update on my recent release.

Throughout the first week of March, sales followed the expected trajectory; ie. down.

Then, on March 8, they jumped upwards, and by the 18th I'd reached 99 total sales for the Month of March, which I thought was pretty decent, and better than the 83 sales I'd pulled off in 3 weeks of February.

Since then I've sold another 75 copies in just over a week and the overall rate is accelerating. As of this moment, it is sitting at #14,510 overall (paid) and #65 in the "Galactic Empires" subcategory.

In fact, it's been in the top 100 of that subcategory pretty much the entire time since March 8th.

Now I don't know for sure, but after spending some time looking at the charts I think I have an idea...

To start with, I was lucky with my keywords, as Galactic Empire is one of Amazon's "official" subcategories and has its own browseable top 100 list. Being able to be found by browsing is huge, because that means you are able to sell to people who haven't already heard of you or your book.

Also, March 8 represented a month after release.

What I think happened was that my rolling sales total for the previous month (30 days) was just high enough, despite the fact that my sales had been dropping, to kick me onto that list. Then, once I was on the list, the expanded visibility started to kick in and sales accelerated.

Again, I don't know for sure, but that's how things appear to be happening.

I'm really curious to see where things go from here.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Well, I'm sure talent had something to do with it, too!

Continued good luck and acceleration!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
To start with, I was lucky with my keywords, as Galactic Empire is one of Amazon's "official" subcategories and has its own browseable top 100 list. Being able to be found by browsing is huge, because that means you are able to sell to people who haven't already heard of you or your book.

You do not have to be lucky! Amazon publishes the list of keywords to get in to most categories...

https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A200PDGPEIQX41
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Good to know, though for me it was luck since I didn't know about that list.

And I've managed another 33 sales since I started this thread.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote