Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Majority of daily reading done on...
eInk 63 64.95%
LCD 15 15.46%
Both 18 18.56%
Neither 0 0%
This poll needs more options. 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #16
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, I see what you mean. I thought about putting Paper and then decided that way madness lay.

Sorry about that.
No worries.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #17
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Mostly I read eink. It is a must, outdoors. In the metro or extemporanely, like in a waiting room ( to day at the dentist), I use the iPod that is always in my pocket.
For PDF, comics, books with pretty pictures and cooking books, I use the iPad.
I keep the reading books synchronized on all 6 devices, anyway.

in the kitchen, to follow a recipe, iPad is very handy. I found a trick: I have my recipes on Evernote. I just take a screenshot of the recipe from a book and paste it in a note.

Last edited by beppe; 09-12-2011 at 03:36 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #18
Thierry.C
Connoisseur
Thierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura about

Device: none yet
I voted both even if I do not have an e-paper reader yet.
I'm going to purchase one 9.7" as soon as I get convinced which one is worth the money for what I need.
I will use e-paper for everything that is suitable ("everything" except intensive web surfing).

Or so I hope. For my eyes.
Thierry.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Both. Though, now that winter (with the short and dark days) is coming up again, the focus shifts to LCD. In summer, the focus is on the e-ink.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #20
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
The amount of time I spend with my eink reader is trivial compared to how much reading I do on my laptop for work and research. In my experience with eink readers none are of any use to me for other than recreational reading when the mood strikes. Outdoor reading is split between my eink reader and my very old Sony Clie which works quite nicely outdoors under the mid-day sun.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #21
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
No option for "The blue one next to the fish"?
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
I used to read on an LCD screen all the time, but since I got my Kindle, I find it much more comfortable to read on the Kindle.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #23
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
New or old poll, the answer is the same.
I read fiction ebooks on ebook readers with eInk screen only.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote