Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Sandra Lyons
Sandra Lyons began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Reader Library Problems

Hi, Can someone help.

I have 98 books on my Ereader (and they were in the Library on my computer)but suddenly when I connect to my Computer (Windows7) The Library Shows only one book, but under 'books' in the EReader, all 98 are showing. The Manual tells me I can only delete them from the library - but none of them are showing in the Library?? I have spoken to Sony but they keep saying they will look into it and come back to me and then don't. Aarggh - can anyone help. I recently had my computer updated from XP to Windows 7 but don't see why this is an issue. I am not worried about losing the books but just need to get them off my reader?
Sandra Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra Lyons View Post
I am not worried about losing the books but just need to get them off my reader?
Sandra, You can use Sony Library, your 505, or Windows Explorer to delete the books from your 505.

You can restore the books to your Sony Reader Library by downloading them again from your Purchased Books tab under the My Account tab.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Sandra Lyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Sandra, You can use Sony Library, your 505, or Windows Explorer to delete the books from your 505.

You can restore the books to your Sony Reader Library by downloading them again from your Purchased Books tab under the My Account tab.
Thanks Pete, but it doesn't work from the Sony Library and I don't know how on Windows Explorer or on the 505? I have scoured the menu but all double dutch to me and even Sony are unable to advise me?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Freckles
Freckles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, ipod touch, awaiting Astak EzReader
Hi Sandra

To delete books from your 505:

Through Windows Explorer on your PC -- Click on the 'Start' button and then 'Computer'. You should see your hard disk drives listed and your 505 listed as a 'removable disk'. Double click on the removable disk. I have a folder called 'database'. In the database folder is one called 'media' and within that one is a folder called 'books'. Your books should be in there and can be deleted.

On the 505 -- Select the book you want to delete. Go to the page that has 'History, Info, and Utilities' listed. Push the number 8 button next to utilities. On the Utilities page is an option to delete the book. Press the number 3 button next to Delete. To actually delete the book, you press the bookmark button.

Hope that makes sense!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
Tessie6
Connoisseur
Tessie6 doesn't litterTessie6 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
And yes, when I uploaded windows 7 it wiped all of my books from the library. Some glitch in 7 I'm assuming. I imported them all from my files where they had originally been saved.
Tessie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
Sandra Lyons

Smile

[QUOTE=Freckles;961744]Hi Sandra

To delete books from your 505:

Through Windows Explorer on your PC -- Click on the 'Start' button and then 'Computer'. You should see your hard disk drives listed and your 505 listed as a 'removable disk'. Double click on the removable disk. I have a folder called 'database'. In the database folder is one called 'media' and within that one is a folder called 'books'. Your books should be in there and can be deleted.

On the 505 -- Select the book you want to delete. Go to the page that has 'History, Info, and Utilities' listed. Push the number 8 button next to utilities. On the Utilities page is an option to delete the book. Press the number 3 button next to Delete. To actually delete the book, you press the bookmark button.

Wow Thank You! Plain English!!! All sorted here and really appreciate your help enormously!!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Freckles
Freckles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, ipod touch, awaiting Astak EzReader
No problem! Glad to hear you got it sorted out.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote