Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
But that thread is in the Sony forum. I would not have gone there to look for a book light info when talking about the Kindle.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, I know it's in the Sony forum. But the Sony Reader PRS-500 needed a light long before the Kindle was even known about.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I'm saying is that I have a Kindle and I look through the Kindle forum for items people have used with the Kindle. It would not have been my first thought to look in the Sony or any forum.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If we had more people looking in the Sony forum, we'd be avoiding duplicate threads on lights, external battery chargers, and others. Sony has had the 500 long enough that there would be a chance it's discussed there.

What I do is just search for what I am looking for and have a look at the search results no matter which forum they come from. What we really need is a generic eink reader forum for these sorts of threads.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #20
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I do is just search for what I am looking for and have a look at the search results no matter which forum they come from. What we really need is a generic eink reader forum for these sorts of threads.
That would probably be good.

When I use the search function I'll use a term like "Kindle whatever", if it returns something not in the Kindle forum, I ignore it. Now, I won't since I know some items will overlap.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If we had more people looking in the Sony forum, we'd be avoiding duplicate threads on lights, external battery chargers, and others. Sony has had the 500 long enough that there would be a chance it's discussed there.
Perhaps reader accessories should be a combined thread rather than for each reader section? After all, many of the accessories apply to many devices... and some comes for multiple readers such as medge covers, etc.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #22
jamdae
jamdae began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I use the great point light visit http://www.biggerandbrighter.com . It is similar to the mighty bright but weighs less because it uses (2) 2032 batteries (weight and size of 2 dimes, but costs $1.50 - $2.00 each).
jamdae is offline   Reply With Quote