Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #31
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Wow. Thanks for the update. I'm astonished to find that they've still actively working on the tranfers six months after they were supposed to finish.

Perhaps your post will encourage others who are still waitin to nag B&N a bit.
I think I got them after my 3rd contact with them about it. So, seriously, keep trying! It really does work.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #32
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I think I got them after my 3rd contact with them about it. So, seriously, keep trying! It really does work.
I obviously didn't call them often enough
Calling direct line 855 654 9332 now gives a 'going out of service' recorded message and the email addie anemic oak posted fwer@barnesandnoble.com

I have sent an email and I suppose I can start again with CS.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #33
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
I obviously didn't call them often enough

email addie anemic oak posted fwer@barnesandnoble.com

I have sent an email and I suppose I can start again with CS.
And I got a reply !!!!

From "Doris"

===
> Thank you for contacting us regarding your Fictionwise Library transfer.
> We apologize for the library transfer process delay and any
> inconvenience this may of caused.
>
> I am the Project Manager overseeing the library transfers working with
> our NY Team. I will add you to the library transfer list. Currently
> the library transfer is a manual process taking several weeks.
===

So eight months and a half dozen phone calls didn't even get me on the list ?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #34
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Fictionwise Book transfer

After the first few time I chased my transfer with B&N I gave up. As I had my books all download and backed up on an external drive before Fictionwise closed it's doors for good I figure that it's no biggie. While it would have been nice to have my Fictionwise books on my Nook shelves it's nothing essential. The main thing was I didn't loose my books when Fictionwise closed it's doors.

I've lost access to books when other stores have closed early on, but I've learnt to download and backup regularly now. I trust no company to be infallible and trust it will always be there or in the company's cloud service. Better save than sorry. It can be a pain to keep backing up but in the end it's worth it esp. when you own large libraries.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote