Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Abayo
Abayo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Beginner problems with i62ML AngelGlow

Hi there

Last week I got my new i62ML AngelGlow reader and I am still testing the features. Now I found an issues that I cannot solve on my own..

- I bought some epub books from a bookstore (drm protected) and on my windows desktop it is readable with Adobe digital editions. But when I copy these with the adobe program to my reader (reader is found at it says that it is authorized) then I cannot open these books with the standard pfdreader! It says that it cannot read the drm password (but I checked this in the menu already -> "drm setting"). With FBreader i can only see a white page and with CoolReader it was working yesterday but today it is not possible to read the file
->Do I need Wlan connection for drm? (would be stupid...)
->Should I update the firmware? (current version: 1.8.20121228)

I am still trying with ADE but well...
Hope you can help me!
Abayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Abayo

Ok I am now able to read epubs again...
I choose the option to test the new pdf Reader (betaversion) and it works now only for the pdf reader (Coolreader and FBreader still no use).

Even if I can read now, it would be nice to hear some suggestions and / or some ideas how to handle this problem (I want to be able to use all functions )
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Abayo

Ah and one more question:

What is the difference between the i62HD Firefly and my i62ML AngelGlow?
Is there a difference in the hardwarespecs? Or software?
I got this board from Onyx boox europa in poland (Does someone know these guys? )
I am already thinking about returning this bookreader and buying it instead from ereader-store.eu... (same country)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abayo View Post
Ah and one more question:

What is the difference between the i62HD Firefly and my i62ML AngelGlow?
AFAIK they're exactly the same. Different names for different markets.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #5
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
The hardware might be the same (though I remember a report that recent i62HD Firefly from ereader-store.eu come with 256 MB RAM while the other model has just 128 MB RAM) but the software is definitely not.
You've already learned it in another thread ... for the Polish ArtaTech model, you will not be able to install firmware updates provided here because they explicitly block it ... and they do not really care about any firmware updates themselves.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 02-19-2013 at 03:54 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
Abayo

Ah ok
Thanks!!
Then I will try to get my money back and buy this reader elsewhere
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abayo View Post
I am already thinking about returning this bookreader and buying it instead from ereader-store.eu... (same country)
Ereader-store.eu (Booxtor) is in Germany. Booxtor make some bigs efforts for support the users and the devices.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
Abayo

Jup, I know
I have read that the store is located in Germany. With this it will be easier for me if I have problems with the reader.
But first I have to get my money back :/
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
Abayo

One more question:

Do I have an option where I can restore the factory setting. I could not erase my passwords for logging into my wlan and for logging into an ebookstore.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
You can try to format the internal memory.

"Format Flash
Select Format Flash button in settings, you can format the
internal flash. Note, after doing this operation all of the data
in internal flash would be removed."
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #11
Abayo

Thx 4 reply

unfortunately this is not working... The device can still remember my passwords...
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Did you tried the Settings->Factory Restore option?
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
In manual of angel glow (polish), it seems that there don't exist the option of factory reset, only format flash.

Last edited by nausica; 02-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #14
Abayo

Jup, so it seems...
I sent the reader now back and changed all used passwords again... well... :/