Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
thejoo52
thejoo52 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62ML
Firefly stuck on standby screen (bug report/fix)

BUG: I booted up my Firefly this morning and it booted as normal and went into the last book I was reading, however, it immediately entered the standby screen thereafter. I pushed the power/standby button and it went back to the book I was reading, then immediately back again to the standby screen. I tried rebooting the device, but it enters the same loop; boot to standby, push button, go to book and quickly back to standby again.

FIX: do not under any circumstance change the "Power Management" setting to "Never". I did this because I didn't want the device automatically going to standby or powering down, but the setting doesn't work at the moment. Instead of allowing the user to put the device into standby on command, it doesn't allow standby at all, and when I shut down the device while in a book, it entered the standby screen loop that I described above. Also, the device crashed when I initially set it to the "Never" setting.

COMMENT: The software on this thing is just ridiculous. One would think it's still in alpha stages of development (I say alpha instead of beta, because it's still missing features). I don't understand how this was allowed to release like this.
thejoo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
ChristineGER
Enthusiast
ChristineGER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I can confirm this...not exactly the loop behavior. But I still got no clue when the firfly is going to standby or will shutdown when I press the on/off button.
Is a long pressing for shutting down or what?
It happens that I open the book case and its still running because the automatic shutdown doesnt work.
I really hope there will be a new firmware update soon.
Its such a great device, but really needs some error-corrections.
ChristineGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineGER View Post
But I still got no clue when the firfly is going to standby or will shutdown when I press the on/off button.
Is a long pressing for shutting down or what?
Short pressing of the power button: standby, sleep mode, a screen saver appears.
Long pressing of the power button: shutdown. The device is off afterwards.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
ChristineGER
Enthusiast
ChristineGER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Short pressing of the power button: standby, sleep mode, a screen saver appears.
Long pressing of the power button: shutdown. The device is off afterwards.
ChristineGER is offline   Reply With Quote