Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Steven630
Groupie
Steven630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite2
How do I override colour when writing a recipe?

Quote:
<p><span style="color: #ff0000"><strong>text 1</strong></span><span style="color: #008000"><strong>text 2</strong></span></p>
I want text1 and text2 to be in default colour (black). How should I write the recipe? Thank you.

I've tried something like

Quote:
span['style'] = span['style'].replace('color', 'ignore-me')
But it says
Quote:
NameError: global name 'span' is not defined
To which part should I add the code?

Last edited by Steven630; 07-17-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Steven630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
I think you can use extra_css to override span { color }. Maybe. (I never had to use recipes, so this is only a shot in the dark)
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
remove_attributes = ['style']
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Steven630
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
remove_attributes = ['style']
There are other elements in style that I want to keep. Any other way?
<p style="text-align: center">
Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
Steven630
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
I think you can use extra_css to override span { color }. Maybe. (I never had to use recipes, so this is only a shot in the dark)
I've tried remove_attributes = ['color'] to no avail
Advert
Old 07-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Then you need to implement the postprocess_html function in your recipe filter the style attributes in that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote