Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
huotg01
Enthusiast
huotg01 began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader, Xiaomi Note 10
Possible to change the "Newest" behavior in the web interface menu ?

Hello.

I started fetching "news" in my Calibre Library.

When using the web interface menu, I would like the "Newest" button to display just the Books, or said in other words, display all except the "News".

If I want the "News", I will click the "News" button.

Is it possible ?

Thanks,

Gaston
huotg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just create a saved search, for not tags:=News then it will be available under "Searches" in the web interface. IIRC it will by default be sorted by date so it should be exactly what you want.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
huotg01
Enthusiast
huotg01 began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader, Xiaomi Note 10
Thank you for this helpful answer. Yes, it could do the job, but would it be possible for me to set a menu button with this very specific filter (in fact it is what I was trying to do by asking if it was possible to change the filter associated with the "Newest" menu button) ?

Thanks

Gaston
ps: by the way, when working in French, Calibre add the tag "Actualités" for "news", and I think that the Web interface add the menu button "Actualités" when detecting the tag "Actualités" for an item stored in the library. When working in English, Calibre add the tag "News" in the same condition, and I think that the Web interface add the menu button "News" when detecting the tag "News" for an item. Now, let's say that I switch Calibre from french to English, my items with the "Actualités" tag won't trigger the web interface and I won't have the "News" menu button. Would it be better to always use the "News" tag in all languages?
huotg01 is offline   Reply With Quote