Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Tired of your E-Reader?

I came across this and thought it was thought provoking, I think its funny and sad at the same time, but I'll let you decide.

Link

I'm considering dropping them a line and asking if they will sell me one of the "readers" thats been turned in.

I don't mean this as anti-Kindle in any way.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
It seems like they are trading in the Kindles for book that amount to the same price that they are selling for off of Amazon, so I really can't imagine that they'd discount the Kindles much if they did sell them. Is there any way that they could be selling them back to Amazon? This whole thing sounds a little bit fishy to me.

If they do sell you the Kindles for a lower price, please make sure to tell us - I, and I'm sure many others as well, would love to get in on that! Great avatar, by the way!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
It seems like they are trading in the Kindles for book that amount to the same price that they are selling for off of Amazon, so I really can't imagine that they'd discount the Kindles much if they did sell them. Is there any way that they could be selling them back to Amazon? This whole thing sounds a little bit fishy to me.

If they do sell you the Kindles for a lower price, please make sure to tell us - I, and I'm sure many others as well, would love to get in on that! Great avatar, by the way!

I'm not sure how serious the offer is, I tried to go to their site but it was invalid, so I think it sounds fishy. If they get any response to that offer I would really be surprised, I just don't see too many people going back to paper after a Kindle, especially a Kindle

Thanks, the avatar can be summed up as "Have Photoshop, will travel", open offer to anyone wanting an avatar.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118017
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Doh!

Sorry, I missed that one.
Advert