Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 03:43 AM   #1
Jhag
Jhag began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
[Android] Send to Kindle?

Hello,

is a "send to kindle" possible via Calibre Companion, as it is in Calibre?

BTW, really great App and imo an essential adittion to Calibre! Love it!

Jhag
Jhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhag View Post
Hello,

is a "send to kindle" possible via Calibre Companion, as it is in Calibre?

BTW, really great App and imo an essential adittion to Calibre! Love it!

Jhag
No. CC can only "send" a book to an app on the Android device, and to my knowledge there is no Android app that can talk directly to a Kindle.

However, it might be possible to send a book to the kindle using the email client in Android. I don't have a kindle and am ignorant of what the Amazon email rules are, so I can't be sure. In general and if it can work, you would go to book details, tap the menu button, choose "Send book to app", then choose the email client. The To: address would be whatever address is used to deliver a book to a kindle via WhisperNet. The From: address would be whatever address is authorized to send books. I don't know if the book format is restricted to an Amazon one (mobi, azw3, etc) or whether the email system will auto-convert.

If you try it, let us know how it works.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I don't know if the book format is restricted to an Amazon one (mobi, azw3, etc) or whether the email system will auto-convert.
Send to Kindle will handle these formats:
  • Kindle Format (.MOBI, .AZW)
  • Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX)
  • HTML (.HTML, .HTM)
  • RTF (.RTF)
  • Text (.TXT)
  • JPEG (.JPEG, .JPG)
  • GIF (.GIF)
  • PNG (.PNG)
  • BMP (.BMP)
  • PDF (.PDF)
Note: no AZW3!
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #4
Jhag
Jhag began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
Wow, quick response!

I tried "send a book to app" and, that was exactly what i needed! As the kindle reading app is installed on my android-phone, then there is an option send to kindle! Works!
Thanks for your help!
Jhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #5
rclopp
kindling (:
rclopp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Can anyone update as to whether "send to app <email client>" works? I would like to use CC to email .mobi to my Kindle Voyage. This way I don't have to boot PC and start Calibre in order to send a book to my kindle. E-ink is much better than LCD for my eyes...

Thanks!

Update -- I installed CC on my iPad but it looks like there's no option to "send to email client"
So I guess I'm stuck with this app and no way to send books from it to kindle via email. It looks like you can't even manipulate the downloaded file directly to send it.

Last edited by rclopp; 02-19-2017 at 10:47 PM.
rclopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:04 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclopp View Post
Update -- I installed CC on my iPad but it looks like there's no option to "send to email client"
Did you try sending the book to the Amazon Kindle for iOS app then syncing it from there? I don't know if that will work. Jhag's comment above implies that it does on Android.
Quote:
So I guess I'm stuck with this app and no way to send books from it to kindle via email. It looks like you can't even manipulate the downloaded file directly to send it.
If by "stuck" you mean you have purchased something you don't want, see our FAQ I must pay for CC to try it. Can I get a refund if I don't like it?

And FWIW: if you want to avoid Amazon's walled garden then there are several e-ink android devices available. I have 2 of them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle