Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Question A small white noise comes out from the inside of my device

Unlike there was no continuous noise which comes out from the inside of my last DR800SG before, there is continuous noise from my DR1000S all the time. The small white noise comes only when the device is turned on. When it is turned off, there is no noise.
It is so annoying in silent space. I've searched about it in this forum but I couldn't find any articles..
Is there some solution to it? Or anybody who knows about it? Please help me

---
(added)
Ah, I searched again and found a thread just like this one. Following it, it seems that this problem appears on only some devices, not all ones - does it?
Ah, what can I do for it now?;; Please tell me your experiences.

Last edited by bokjeid; 10-09-2010 at 01:55 AM.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I had a device that did that noise and changed for other that... did it but at a lower volume. The most probable cause is a bad board wiring design that makes that sound and it is inherent to the DR1000 bad hardware design.

Some people reported they didn't hear it, but I've tested 5 units and all 5 did it. It is like old CRT monitors, that will sound similarity. For example, my Time Capsule, when it becomes hot it starts to make a similar sound.

No solution for that except throw away the device.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #3
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
I can hear this "noise" too, but only in bed when there is no other urban noise. It's not nice, but there's nothing we can do. Only one thing: congratulations - your sense of hearing is excellent.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
bokjeid
Addict

Wow, thank both of you for your precious information about it.
I had considered to search some mechanic in this city to ask for improving the noise problem but it seems no use then, doesn't it..?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
Only one thing: congratulations - your sense of hearing is excellent.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
bokjeid
Addict

I found out a solution to it! But I can't be sure that it also works for others' devices.
When the device is being charged, the sound doesn't happens. Eureka! Now I'm going to order an external USB battery pack because of it.