Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
strubdog
strubdog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
eBooks not showing in library

A recent issue has come up. My converted books are showing up in the Docs section of my kindle. I have tried converting to both Mobi and AZW3 formats. I get the same result. Any assistance would be appreciated.
strubdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
McKnitter
McKnitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by strubdog View Post
A recent issue has come up. My converted books are showing up in the Docs section of my kindle. I have tried converting to both Mobi and AZW3 formats. I get the same result. Any assistance would be appreciated.
As I understand it, anything you don't actually purchase from Amazon will be listed under Docs rather than under Books at Amazon in the cloud (online) and on your device.

It doesn't matter what kind of book it is, as far as Amazon is concerned it's a Doc.

But at least they should all be there. On my Voyage, if I opt to see All items, they are mixed together and get sorted (by author, title) together.

Amazon is big enough to make its own rules, I guess. There are discussions on Amazon about it, too.
McKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:50 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Under MOBI Output, change the PDOC tag to [EBOK].

Alternatively/additionally, install the Quality Check plugin, and use the "Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire" tool.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:53 AM   #4
McKnitter
McKnitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Under MOBI Output, change the PDOC tag to [EBOK].

Alternatively/additionally, install the Quality Check plugin, and use the "Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire" tool.

Thanks for the tip!
LATER:
Well, the [EBOK] change didn't work. The book is still listed as a personal document, but it doesn't matter to me, anyway, as long as I know what things are.

Last edited by McKnitter; 06-10-2016 at 06:10 AM. Reason: additional information
McKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, it works for me?

Also the share_not_sync setting should be enabled IIRC (but as I am not at the computer it *could* be I have it backward).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote