Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Copy all Calibre .epubs to iPhone

I have a new iPhone with 128G. In Calibre, I have every book converted to .epub besides its native format. I'd like to copy every .epub to a couple of e-readers.

On my Mac, how can I get a copy of all of Calibre's .epub books in one folder where I can drag them an iTunes app?
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sharing icon: Connect to itunes does not work for you?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click save to disk
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
HowardBrazee
Zealot

I don't see how "Get Calibre" helps me gather .epub files that are in Calibre's library into a temporary folder. But I found an application http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/, that did the job.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Umm, my reply was

Click save to disk

In more detail:

Right click the Save to Disk button in the calibre toolbar and choose "Save only EPUB to disk in a single directory"
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
I don't see how "Get Calibre" helps me gather .epub files that are in Calibre's library into a temporary folder. But I found an application http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/, that did the job.
That's a really, really bad idea. You should treat Calibre's library as a "black box", not copy files directly from it.

As Kovid says, just use Calibre's "Save to Disk" facility to export the files. What's the problem?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
Possibly you are confused since Kovid's actual reply was about the Save-to-disk feature, but his MobileRead signature is "Get calibre"
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #8
HowardBrazee
Zealot

I didn't realize that I could select all of my Calibre books and then click "save to disk". I was able to save every .epub book to disk (with warnings about each book that didn't have an .epub version). Nice.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
knotcross
knotcross began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle Fire HD
I can see by the timestamp I'm little late. This is the closest I've come to my question, please advise me if there is a better thread.
I am looking for an app for my IPhone that is most similar to Moon reader+ (what a godsend) The only thing I really need the app to do is download them to my IPhone from Calibre. After reading this thread I see that I can use the "save to disk" function in Calibre but, where/what do I save it to, file wise?
knotcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, you can just save them all to any folder you want, then drag-and-drop it through iTunes I believe.

But you might want to consider an ereader app like Marvin, which can download the books wirelessly using the Content Server -- or via the Marvin XD calibre plugin, depending on when that finally gets fixed post-iOS 8.3
Old 05-31-2016, 06:49 PM   #11
knotcross

Out of all the old apple devices I have to choose from none meet the requirements for using Marvin.
I had to resort to using another app that works with Calibre but its not my favorite app. Mega reader is the name (I think).
In my perfect world Calibre and Moon Reader + will make an app for apple devices.
Most of the time I read with my Kindle but at times I need to use my IPhone.
oh also do I want to save the cover and metadata separately ?
Old 05-31-2016, 07:04 PM   #12
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Nope -- I very much doubt whether Mega reader uses anything but the actual *.epub files.

The cover/metadata.opf are primarily used as a way of backing up and reimporting into calibre itself.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #13
knotcross

Ok thanks for that information.