Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #301
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollonk View Post
Quick question:
How would I go about opening Kindle VNC with KUAL? Is there some documentation about making applications work as extensions?
Only the single worked example converting a launchpad script that I did today.

But like that. I was going to look at this as I use it but am piled up right now.

On the list if no-one else does it.

*looks up* hmm perhaps sooner rather than later.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #302
Ollonk
Ollonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle 4
I have some linux experience, and I've made a start. I just dug into some of the other extensions and copied by example. Now I've got it to the point of a menu entry that launches but then immediately closes. With a little time, I might get it figured out. If I get something working, I'll zip it up and leave it here.

Edit:
Is it possible to have KUAL prompt for input to, perhaps, fill in an IP address for this at launch time?

Edit 2: Success! (Marginal, anyway...) I have a VNC connection with no password working from KUAL. More to come, as I hadn't even had the viewer opened before this.

After exiting the client to rotate the screen, my kindle soft-rebooted after trying to reopen the launcher.

Last edited by Ollonk; 02-01-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Ollonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #303
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Gianni

/mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh 192.168.15.201:1 &

I think you are running the wrong script.? That's the autologin script thingy from dpavlin IIRC. just do it by hand..

Oh ... and DID YOU PUNCH OPEN SOME PORTS... I seem to recall 5900? or something. in iptables

Last edited by twobob; 02-01-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #304
twobob

Quote:
I have some linux experience, and I've made a start. I just dug into some of the other extensions and copied by example. Now I've got it to the point of a menu entry that launches but then immediately closes. With a little time, I might get it figured out. If I get something working, I'll zip it up and leave it here.

Edit:
Is it possible to have KUAL prompt for input to, perhaps, fill in an IP address for this at launch time?
no. but it is possible to call a script from Kual that DOES do that.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #305
Ollonk
Ollonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Hmm. I just thought that would be nifty. My experience with this sort of work is pretty limited. I'll see what I can figure out.

Edit: Attached what I am using to connect to Kindle VNC Viewer at the moment. Just works, be sure to fill in your IP+port to menu.json.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vncviewer.zip (1.8 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by Ollonk; 02-01-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #306
Ollonk

Wow, this is going to work really well! I only really need to get input configured and then I'll have something that works phenomenally. I never would have expected this to go so well. Thanks guys! Also, that .zip should work for whoever.

Edit: This leads me to another question. Where can I find a reference to button numbers for the K4, as well as the codes used for keys?

Last edited by Ollonk; 02-01-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: See edit...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #307
twobob

waitforkey is it? on the command line then push things?

if the 4 doesnt have one I can give you one.

although I would bet my left nut someone already documented them.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #308
Ollonk

All I am looking for is just, what keys do the lua numbers respond to. The keys on the K4 already map for the most part (the ones I need, anyway), and I just need to know what the numbers correspond to. I know almost nothing about programming languages.

And also, I saw the rfbkeys file, and I have no idea how those hex values relate to the actual configuration.

Last edited by Ollonk; 02-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #309
twobob

if you have ssh installed you can check with waitforkey I think...

There are two layers (IIRC) a system value and a relative value (but I could be thinking of launchpad) - I am no expert in that area. sorry.

But searching around for "kindle 4 key codes" might glean something

Dave was doing stuff for this on the err... Gnuboy? thread? I dont recall if he put the values...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #310
Ollonk

I found the codes, documented by hippydave in that thread. Would there be a place for them on the wiki?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #311
twobob

Quote:
I found the codes, documented by hippydave in that thread. Would there be a place for them on the wiki?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking

heck yes. that would be a fine place

EDIT: My left nut is safe! YAY
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #312
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Just add an index entry to the wiki index pages pointing at the post you found.

The prefix index pages are themselves wiki pages - you can mess with them all you want.

See sticky at top of forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #313
Ollonk

I'm trying my best to be able to use shift+tab as well as the scroll wheel, but I'm giving up. I can get a button to be tab, but shift+tab will not register. I have no idea where to begin in mapping buttons to the scroll wheel (though I have come to understand that scroll up is button 4 and scroll down is button 5, but I'm not accomplishing anything.)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #314
twobob

Why not give Hawhill a nudge on it.

He is very nice and for sure would probably point you to some LUA or other that does the job.

HTH. dont get frustrated ask for help. which you did. He can - probably provide the best help.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #315
Ollonk

Should I PM him? IRC? I've spent an hour trying to figure out this keymapping stuff, to no avail.

Tags
application, kindle, source, viewer, vnc