Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
New mobipocket format price increase?!

Ok, I don't know what happen, when when I saw my wishlist in BoB today, all prices were increased about 3-5$!

I was considering making a crazy move and buy this book:
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...31780&v=buynow for the 22$ it cost, but now the price was once again updated for the worse!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Goodness me. I bought it for $12.97 (net) on 2 Nov 2008 from Fictionwise. Checking today, counting in the current global 10% off, I'd be paying $16.22 (net).

I guess I got a good deal!

For once, the fictionwise price, even ignoring micropay and club membership, is a lot better than BoB. $22.46, with the 10% off deal that's on to the end of the week. (code BN2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Ok, I don't know what happen, when when I saw my wishlist in BoB today, all prices were increased about 3-5$!

I was considering making a crazy move and buy this book:
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...31780&v=buynow for the 22$ it cost, but now the price was once again updated for the worse!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You don't think they raised the price for their big "blowout" sale do you? All books are supposed to have 30% in reward dollars as a sale for 'read an ebook week'.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Dangit, you could be right. although they increased the price of the book I bought on monday with $0.63 only. With the promotion though the book would still be $11.96 and $5.13 in reward dollars. Versus the $16.46 I payed for it.
Hmm, I'm giving them the benefit of the dought .
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You don't think they raised the price for their big "blowout" sale do you? All books are supposed to have 30% in reward dollars as a sale for 'read an ebook week'.
I thought about that, but it looks so dishonest and obvious that I was willing to think it was another reason.

Way to go. "Free 30% in reward dollars (after paying an extra 30% in real dollars)".
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert