Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
prd0
prd0 began at the beginning.

Device: stanza, calibre
HELP!! I can't find my book with calibre

I am collecting Star Trek and Battletech books, and I have organized them in their respective folders, TNG, VOY, DS9, TOS, Series, and so on.. After I install calibre, I found all of them inside their authors.
I don't want them to sorted by author. About 500 books of mine are all of different authors. So, calibre made 1 folder per 1 book. This slows my system considerably, because now I have 500 folders with 1 file each, and it is not pretty at all to browse a folder with 500 folders inside it only to open one file, not to mention I don't know the author, but I know the series. Plus the fact that one book has 2-3 authors. Some omnibook of Star Trek even got 6 authors. How do you plan put those all 6 names on a folder? I also don't want to always open the calibre to read a book because calibre is extremely slow and not stable at all. It crashed many times. I only need it to convert my book, as it is the only one that can convert lit to epub correctly. I still need stanza desktop to transfer the book to my iphone as calibre's shows empty list on stanza. It is extremely frustrating to find just 1 book to share to my phone.

Can you please not mess with my folders structure?

Also, I have edited some tags with calibre, but it doesn't show off. For example, I change the series from TNG-Dominion War to Dominion War. It still shows 4 at TNG-Dominion War, and 1 at Dominion War. Bug? How to refresh the catalog?

And, please fix the web server. It locked my computer out everytime I stop the server. I have to end process the calibre to kill it.

Thank you

Last edited by prd0; 05-23-2009 at 02:57 PM.
prd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Calibre has to store copies of all your ebooks in it's own directory structure. You can't change this structure. Your original ebooks are still where they are in your original directories. Calibre does data manipulation on its own copies.

If you don't want to read Calibre's copies with Calibre, after you convert or edit a book in Calibre, do a "Save to Disk" and save it where you want it in your old, original library folders. Then read your books from your original folders. Or, do a "Send to Device", and the file with the updated tags and such will appear correctly on your reading device.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
prd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Calibre has to store copies of all your ebooks in it's own directory structure. You can't change this structure. Your original ebooks are still where they are in your original directories. Calibre does data manipulation on its own copies.
Yes. But I don't want 2 exact copies on my hard drive. 2GB data is not small. Double that, and you'll get 4GB, not to mention it's extracting cover pages. Is there any way to alleviate that? It also slows down searches. And I don't want to delete and re-create all calibre folders everytime I start it. It took painfully slow. And finding a single book within 500 folders jungle is very hard. And it is not 500 folders, more like 1000 folders for 500 books. Folders are made to make search easier, categorize, and divide files. Not to make finding specific file more difficult. If you put a file in a folders in a filing cabinet, would you arrange it so that you can make it harder to search than piling it on top of your table?
I have tried to replace authors with VOY/TNG/JADE or something resembling the series, but that would erase the author information, permanently.

If it really needs to arrange the book that way, can't it make a smaller shortcut? It utilize SqlLite, can't it store its information on SQL instead of rearranging and duplicating my books?

Quote:
If you don't want to read Calibre's copies with Calibre, after you convert or edit a book in Calibre, do a "Save to Disk" and save it where you want it in your old, original library folders. Then read your books from your original folders. Or, do a "Send to Device", and the file with the updated tags and such will appear correctly on your reading device.
I can't send to device with calibre. It didn't recognize an iphone. The only way to get my books are using bonjour or according to manual, http://ipaddr.local:8080/stanza. And both are not working. The server locked up my computer, and I am forced to kill it. Besides, when I browse the server using my iphone to get the book, it always shows none.

I also don't want to edit any info on my books, I only need to convert to ePub. Sadly, the only one I've found that can read .lit and convert to epub correctly is only calibre. I don't want cataloguing, I have my way to organize them, and I don't want anything to mess with it. I only need the converter so I can read them on epub. But Calibre converter is also buggy. I couldn't batch convert everything at once. It always shows some error every 4-5 files on batch converts, or some taking too long i.e 1 hour or so, and I am on i7. 1 hour only to convert 1 book on i7 is definitely not normal, so I need to convert one by one manually.

Saving to another place would make it duplicate, and I want to avoid that.

Last edited by prd0; 05-25-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot change the way that Calibre utilises folders to store books. If you cannot live with that then you will not be able to use calibre. The whole idea is that you use Calibre to manage the books you have added to it - you do not go into the underlying folder structure (which Calibre reserves the right to change at any time anyway).

If the calibre web server locks up your machine, then it sounds as if there is something wrong with the macine or system software. Calibre runs at the user level as far as the OS is concerned and should never be able to lock up your machine.

What OS are you running calibre on? If it is Windows then there is my Calibre2Web script (search this forum for that) that can help with getting books onto a iPod/iPhone. I assume that on the iPhone you are using Stanza as the ebook reader - that is the one that Calibre has been targetting. I also assume that in Stanza you have set the Calibre web server URL up to be an Online Catalog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd0 View Post
Yes. But I don't want 2 exact copies on my hard drive.
Then you can't use Calibre.

Quote:
Is there any way to alleviate that?
Nope.

Quote:
And finding a single book within 500 folders jungle is very hard. And it is not 500 folders, more like 1000 folders for 500 books. Folders are made to make search easier, categorize, and divide files. Not to make finding specific file more difficult. If you put a file in a folders in a filing cabinet, would you arrange it so that you can make it harder to search than piling it on top of your table?
But the whole point of the database is you use CALIBRE to find that book, not searching yourself on the disk. Just load up Calibre and type in the book you're looking for, boom, it's there. If you want to see the actual files on disk, select the entry in Calibre and hit 'o' to open the containing folder.

Quote:
I have tried to replace authors with VOY/TNG/JADE or something resembling the series, but that would erase the author information, permanently.
It's hard to know what you did wrong since you were presumably trying to reorganize the files on disk. Again, as I said, change the authors as you want, and then do SAVE TO DISK and save a copy elsewhere, or SEND TO DEVICE if you want to have the book on your ereader. You may also CONVERT the files to a different format. All of these will contain the updated metadata except in certain cases.

Quote:
If it really needs to arrange the book that way, can't it make a smaller shortcut? It utilize SqlLite, can't it store its information on SQL instead of rearranging and duplicating my books?
The rearrangement and duplication of your books is so Calibre still has the data to work with no matter how you mangle your copies.

Quote:
I can't send to device with calibre. It didn't recognize an iphone. The only way to get my books are using bonjour or according to manual, http://ipaddr.local:8080/stanza. And both are not working. The server locked up my computer, and I am forced to kill it. Besides, when I browse the server using my iphone to get the book, it always shows none.
Can't really help you there; someone else who has used Calibre with iphone will have to chime in. You might try posting a new thread specifically with that problem.

Quote:
I also don't want to edit any info on my books, I only need to convert to ePub. Sadly, the only one I've found that can read .lit and convert to epub correctly is only calibre. I don't want cataloguing, I have my way to organize them, and I don't want anything to mess with it. I only need the converter so I can read them on epub. But Calibre converter is also buggy. I couldn't batch convert everything at once. It always shows some error every 4-5 files on batch converts, or some taking too long i.e 1 hour or so, and I am on i7. 1 hour only to convert 1 book on i7 is definitely not normal, so I need to convert one by one manually.
If you run into an error, you should report what that is; it's probably file-specific and you won't be able to convert that file. 1 hour doesn't necessarily mean it's taking too long, though; some books do take that long.

Quote:
Saving to another place would make it duplicate, and I want to avoid that.
If you only want Calibre to convert, then I suggest that you drag the LIT book into Calibre, edit the metadta, do the convert to EPUB, wait for the conversion to finish, do a "Save to Disk" of the EPUB file somewhere else on your drive where you want it, and then hit the delete key to remove that book's entry from Calibre. Then Calibre will no longer serve as a database for your books nor will it retain a copy.
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
prd0

Quote:
But the whole point of the database is you use CALIBRE to find that book, not searching yourself on the disk. Just load up Calibre and type in the book you're looking for, boom, it's there. If you want to see the actual files on disk, select the entry in Calibre and hit 'o' to open the containing folder.
But calibre can't search the book the way I want. All my books are numbered according to series, and chapter. 1 chapter could consists 6 books. Like double helix got 6 books, and 6 authors, and 6 titles, spans from TNG #51 to TNG #56. Infection is first book in Double Helix, TNG number #51, author is John Gregory. Vector is second book, TNG ##52, authors are Dean W. Smith & Kristine K. Rusch.
For example, just now, a few moments ago, I am looking for the first book of progenitor. The progenitor is book two, and I want to find the book one, but I don't know the title, but all I know is it is Stargazer that I am looking for is number #1 as Progenitor is #2 of Stargazer series, a prequel to TNG series. When I typed stargazer, calibre shows only stargazer, the one at TNG series. There are 2 stargazers, the Stargazer from TNG series, and stargazer as series. Calibre did find stargazer, but only Stargazer from TNG series, not all stargazer series. At my folder, I can just open Stargazer folder, and find a file named 1 - xxxxxxx listed before 2 - Progenitor.
I don't mind using calibre as search database, if it is capable of one. But it is proven as does not, and I still have to find one myself.

Quote:
It's hard to know what you did wrong since you were presumably trying to reorganize the files on disk. Again, as I said, change the authors as you want, and then do SAVE TO DISK and save a copy elsewhere, or SEND TO DEVICE if you want to have the book on your ereader. You may also CONVERT the files to a different format. All of these will contain the updated metadata except in certain cases.
No, I don't want to reorganize the files. I had them organized, and merely wanted to read them, convert to my phone, and if possible, catalog them by metadata that obviously are not read by windows explorer, but I don't want anything to mess with my folders.
The good library program I had in mind, is just like foobar's library.

Quote:
The rearrangement and duplication of your books is so Calibre still has the data to work with no matter how you mangle your copies.
It has SqlLite, doesn't it? What does my file got anything to do? If it still needs to work with copies of my files, what does it use the SqlLite for?

Quote:
Can't really help you there; someone else who has used Calibre with iphone will have to chime in. You might try posting a new thread specifically with that problem.
I already got stanza desktop to overcome this problem. But the way calibre rearrange my files made it hard for me to open the file on stanza desktop.

Quote:
If you run into an error, you should report what that is; it's probably file-specific and you won't be able to convert that file. 1 hour doesn't necessarily mean it's taking too long, though; some books do take that long.
No.. it is converted, but only when I do it manually.

Quote:
If you only want Calibre to convert, then I suggest that you drag the LIT book into Calibre, edit the metadta, do the convert to EPUB, wait for the conversion to finish, do a "Save to Disk" of the EPUB file somewhere else on your drive where you want it, and then hit the delete key to remove that book's entry from Calibre. Then Calibre will no longer serve as a database for your books nor will it retain a copy.
I'll try this one.. It seems it is the best solution.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
prd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You cannot change the way that Calibre utilises folders to store books. If you cannot live with that then you will not be able to use calibre. The whole idea is that you use Calibre to manage the books you have added to it - you do not go into the underlying folder structure (which Calibre reserves the right to change at any time anyway).
No, I can't live with that, unfortunately, I can't find better LIT converter to ePub other than calibre. That's the problem.

Quote:
If the calibre web server locks up your machine, then it sounds as if there is something wrong with the macine or system software. Calibre runs at the user level as far as the OS is concerned and should never be able to lock up your machine.
It should be. But there is definitely nothing wrong with my system or machine. I got 3 different web servers running perfectly at port 8333 as VM server, at port 81 as media browser, at port 80 as Apache/PHP system. So it is definitely not my system, nor my machine.

Quote:
What OS are you running calibre on? If it is Windows then there is my Calibre2Web script (search this forum for that) that can help with getting books onto a iPod/iPhone. I assume that on the iPhone you are using Stanza as the ebook reader - that is the one that Calibre has been targetting. I also assume that in Stanza you have set the Calibre web server URL up to be an Online Catalog.
[/quote]
My OS is Windows Vista x64 Ultimate.

Yes. It is iPhone with stanza. I have set up my phone to use calibre web server URL, but it always shows nothing. I'll try to find Calibre2Web script. I'll let you know the result.

Thanks for help. I've got 2 possible solutions I think.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
What operating system are you using? Seeing that Calibre works on Windows, OS X and various distributions of Linux, stating your operating system is particularly helpful when troubleshooting.

As for Stanza, I just use the following format to add to Stanza iPhone Online Catalog:
http://ipaddress:port/stanza
e.g. http://192.168.1.100:8080/stanza
Besides, I don't think it's http://ipaddr.local:8080/stanza, it's http://ipaddr:8080/stanza (should work for all OS), http://compname.local:8080/stanza (if using Mac, not sure about Linux), or http://compname:8080/stanza (if using Windows). At least, those are the OS defaults using Stanza's default port (8080). Caveats, the iPhone can't seem to recognize Windows computer names. You have to manually edit the iPhone's hosts file or assign the computer name using the router.

Other points, Calibre comes with command-line utilities that you can use for LIT to EPUB conversion. You don't even need to use the GUI/database functions of Calibre (unless you plan on using the built-in online catalog).

To convert LIT to EPUB, it's a simple:
Code:
any2epub "filename.lit"

Last edited by ilovejedd; 05-26-2009 at 10:49 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
But calibre can't search the book the way I want.
I don't mind using calibre as search database, if it is capable of one. But it is proven as does not, and I still have to find one myself.
I'm not 100% clear but it sounds as if you're not using the tags functionality, which would appear to be what you need.

Quote:
It has SqlLite, doesn't it? What does my file got anything to do? If it still needs to work with copies of my files, what does it use the SqlLite for?
If it's in the Calibre folder, it's not 'your' file - just think of the folder as a black box or a DB....
(AIUI, the SqlLite is used to handle the metadata - previous versions did keep the books themselves inside the DB, but there were problems with that which meant that (AIUI) there are fewer issues if they were stored on disk using the OS's file-mangement routines to handle them.)

> calibre rearrange my files

Uh-uh - your files should be unchanged from when you imported them into Calibre - it's files are up to it to manage...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
sirbruce
Provocateur

Quote:
But calibre can't search the book the way I want.
I can't understand your English well enough to understand what your problem is. Suffice it to say that if you label the book stargazer in the metadata, and then search for stargazer, you'll find the book in Calibre. You can sort by series, tags, etc. as well.

Quote:
No, I don't want to reorganize the files. I had them organized, and merely wanted to read them, convert to my phone, and if possible, catalog them by metadata that obviously are not read by windows explorer, but I don't want anything to mess with my folders.
I meant *Calibre's* files, not your files. Anyway, you now understand not to mess with those.

The good library program I had in mind, is just like foobar's library.

Quote:
It doesn't just store metadata from the book; it stores it's own copy of the book. So you can convert it and export it to other formats, even if you then go off and delete your original copy outside of Calibre.

Quote:
I'll try this one.. It seems it is the best solution.
Good luck.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
prd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
What operating system are you using? Seeing that Calibre works on Windows, OS X and various distributions of Linux, stating your operating system is particularly helpful when troubleshooting.
I am using Vista x64 Ultimate

Quote:
As for Stanza, I just use the following format to add to Stanza iPhone Online Catalog:
http://ipaddressort/stanza
e.g. http://192.168.1.100:8080/stanza
Besides, I don't think it's http://ipaddr.local:8080/stanza, it's http://ipaddr:8080/stanza (should work for all OS), http://compname.local:8080/stanza (if using Mac, not sure about Linux), or http://compname:8080/stanza (if using Windows). At least, those are the OS defaults using Stanza's default port (8080). Caveats, the iPhone can't seem to recognize Windows computer names. You have to manually edit the iPhone's hosts file or assign the computer name using the router.
Yes. I have added the URL to the stanza catalog list. But it shows nothing.

Quote:
Other points, Calibre comes with command-line utilities that you can use for LIT to EPUB conversion. You don't even need to use the GUI/database functions of Calibre (unless you plan on using the built-in online catalog).

To convert LIT to EPUB, it's a simple:
Code:
any2epub "filename.lit"
WOW... That's terrific.. That would do it.. I think I can make some batch file to do it then.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by prd0; 05-26-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
prd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
I'm not 100% clear but it sounds as if you're not using the tags functionality, which would appear to be what you need.
I am using tags, but tags alone I can't find the correct series. For example, Infection is book 51 at TNG, but also book 1 for double helix. Double helix alone consists of 6 books

Quote:
If it's in the Calibre folder, it's not 'your' file - just think of the folder as a black box or a DB....
(AIUI, the SqlLite is used to handle the metadata - previous versions did keep the books themselves inside the DB, but there were problems with that which meant that (AIUI) there are fewer issues if they were stored on disk using the OS's file-mangement routines to handle them.)
Well.. the OS management is what I use to manage my files SqlLite can store the path, can't it? Foobar is able to do it. Worse, I have thousands of untagged wav, which can be disastrous if it put any copy or move the file on different folder. I can lost the file and have no way to retrieve it back. Still, foobar performs hell lot faster than calibre without ever touching my files.

Quote:
> calibre rearrange my files

Uh-uh - your files should be unchanged from when you imported them into Calibre - it's files are up to it to manage...
Yeah.. and I got 2 exact copies. If you have a large book collection, you wouldn't want to see some exact duplicate lying elsewhere. And, no.. it was not changed, only those collection folders are lost inside of 500 author named folders mazes.

Last edited by prd0; 05-26-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #13
prd0

Quote:
I can't understand your English well enough to understand what your problem is. Suffice it to say that if you label the book stargazer in the metadata, and then search for stargazer, you'll find the book in Calibre. You can sort by series, tags, etc. as well.
Sorry.. english is not my native language..
No.. I can't label the book as stargazer. It is reserved for sub series. I put the bigger series at folder names. There is only so much I can do with tags, and I need folder structures. I have 7 books in stargazer series, and 1 stargazer book from TNG series. I have reserved the series tag for sub series, such as double helix. But I have no way of tagging TNG #51 for Double Helix #1 book with title Infection.
Now, can you label the very same book as TNG #51 and Double Helix #1 with calibre?

Quote:
I meant *Calibre's* files, not your files. Anyway, you now understand not to mess with those.
Yes.. but I've made an error by setting my ebook folders as calibre library folder and suddenly the original files and folders are lost inside of 500 folders mazes. I have to go picking one by one to clean those folders made by calibre. And to make the job much more frustrating, for some books with unknown author, somehow calibre was so smart to assume the title as the author. With numerous titles and series and a little bad luck, calibre copied the books inside of my own folders only at wrong folders. Files such as Deep Space Nine from Dominion Series number #2 was lost inside of Deep Space Nine folder, and suddenly I got 2 books which file name claimed as second book at Deep Space Nine series.

Quote:
It doesn't just store metadata from the book; it stores it's own copy of the book. So you can convert it and export it to other formats, even if you then go off and delete your original copy outside of Calibre.

Good luck.
Yeah, and messing with my library folder. To put it blunt, every people got different unique need, and forcing them to do the way kovidgoyal do, is not going to make life easier for them. In my case, it made my life even much more difficult by forcing the author structure. I guess I'd better of with suggested command line utility. Let's see how I can write a batch file to do it so I won't run the GUI anymore. Unless it let me do my own way organizing my files, I had enough a headache with the way GUI works.

Thanks for helping.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #14
sirbruce
Provocateur

I have a large ebook collection, and I have *three* copies of each book in most cases, counting Calibre's.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 AM   #15
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Now, can you label the very same book as TNG #51 and Double Helix #1 with calibre?
You could, by tagging it as "Double Helix #1", for instance, and a search for "helix" (or "tag:helix", to narrow it down) would just pick them. You'd be creating a set of 1-per-book tags, but that shouldn't be a problem.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote