Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Talking Hello from Texas

I haven't even gotten my Kindle yet. I'm a prior Rocket Ebook user (a real early adopter type), and have loved reading ebooks for several years now.

My Kindle is due to arrive this Monday (the 9th of June, 2008) and I am already building up a large stock of books to read on it. (I'm going to revisit a lot of the old classics and even try to finish some of the newer books I've bought that were just too heavy to lug around.)

I'm also big on DIY, so if I don't get a chance to purchase one of FrankN's nice leather covers, I'll probably start making my own. My preference is for simple covers out of good quality canvas and really nice leather.

Other than that .... female, bordering on elderly, Buddhist, living in Texas with a bazillion cats and two dogs. (Yes, I'm one of those crazy old cat ladies that you've all heard so much about ... except I'm horribly allergic to cats, so I have to keep the house really clean or I stop breathing.)

That's it. You now know more about me than you probably ever wanted to.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, Salutations, and welcome RickyMaveety!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi RickyMaveety and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your Kindle when it arrives.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello RickyMaveety
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Other than that .... female, bordering on elderly
We'll be the judge of that. Which Star Trek series did you like the most, or which Doctor Who was/is the best?

Quote:
Buddhist
"Give me some inner peace or I'll mop the floor with ya!" (Sorry, just having a Simpsons moment.)

Quote:
living in Texas
Gees, not more bloody Texans. There must be something in the water up there.

Quote:
with a bazillion cats
Well, you can probably get away with posting LOLcats, but Garfield is right out ("Garfield minus Garfield" is definitely okay though).

Quote:
and two dogs.
Excellent choice, from someone with two dogs...well, Airedale Terriers, which are better than dogs.

Quote:
(Yes, I'm one of those crazy old cat ladies that you've all heard so much about ...
I'm having a multiple-Simpsons-moment now!

Quote:
except I'm horribly allergic to cats, so I have to keep the house really clean or I stop breathing.)
Well, don't stop breathing! I've heard it's very bad for your health (a really bad kind of "anti-oxidant").

Quote:
That's it. You now know more about me than you probably ever wanted to.
We promise not to hold it against you...unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

Cheers, and welcome, Crazycatlady
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Welcome Ricky!

Ignore Marc.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Thank you ... so furry mush

Born during the Truman administration. The shows I like pretty much depend on who I have a huge crush on. With the original Star Trek it was Spock all the way with me. By the time TNG came along I was hopelessly in love with Jean Luc Picard. The same rules apply to Dr. Who, I liked Peter Davison and I like David Tennant ... not so much Tom Baker (who is a wonderful actor ... I just never developed a crush on him).

I'm in Texas more or less by accident. I needed a larger house for the cats and the dogs, and there was one that I could afford here. I don't know if I will stay or not ... I've been here three years now (Texas Hill Country) and the general intollerance of the natives to those of us "non-Christians" is starting to wear on me. Moved here from San Diego, California .... loved it there, but real estate just got too expensive.

The doggies are a mixture of wolf, akita, chow and german shepherd. They are the sweetest things that ever lived. I got them because I was afraid of dogs and felt having dogs would be a good way to get over it. It worked.

I am addicted to LOLCats .... Garfield not so much. Bucky Katt (Get Fuzzy) is more my style.

HUGE Simpsons fan (although I've never been known to actually throw a cat at anyone), also South Park, Drawn Together, Robot Chicken, and Family Guy. I do not watch (or like) "reality" tv. Love shows about solving crime, especially when they get the science right.

Hobbies .... I build computers -- the current build has 3 terrabytes of storage, four monitors, two NVidia graphics cards running SLI, and a screaming CPU. I hate Vista ... hate, hate, hate Vista ... I run XP. Built my first from scratch PC in 1985. That one had a single 5.25 floppy and no hard drive (snork .... good times).

I also like to create skins for my computers, and I do a lot of computer graphics generally (gallery on Renderosity it anyone is curious). I have a furniture store on Second Life, and love to create computer models. I use Rhino, Bryce, Hexagon, Photoshop and any other tools that work for me.

My garage is a complete mess, but I have a wood working shop buried in there somewhere. I like to make furniture (mostly for my cats, but some for me as well).

I watch movies and read whenever possible. There are times when I have to travel for work, and if I don't have a new book on hand to read as I finish whatever I'm reading, I get cranky. I am not a pleasant person when I'm cranky, so I try to never allow myself to get cranky.

I've never been married and I'm a non-breeder, having been spayed many many years ago (I would never ask my animals to do something I wasn't willing to do myself).

I could go on like this forever .... I'm not a very private person.

Thanks for all the kind words of welcome.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Hobbies .... I build computers -- the current build has 3 terrabytes of storage, four monitors, two NVidia graphics cards running SLI, and a screaming CPU. I hate Vista ... hate, hate, hate Vista ... I run XP.
Ha... no wonder you can't afford SanDiego real estate... your computer probably cost more than my car.

XP not Ubuntu eh? You should like you would be an Ubuntu user?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sweet baby jesus on a cracker, another Get Fuzzy fan !

allow me to congratulate you on your very fine avatar.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ha... no wonder you can't afford SanDiego real estate... your computer probably cost more than my car.

XP not Ubuntu eh? You should like you would be an Ubuntu user?

BOb
No ... no ... no .... just a humble little ol' XP user. Never got into OS so much .... I'm a hardware freak. Hardware and power tools, my guilty pleasures.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sweet baby jesus on a cracker, another Get Fuzzy fan !

allow me to congratulate you on your very fine avatar.
Me finks I am going to like it here.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just want to point out that Ricky joined us on 5 Jun 08 and has already posted more than 1500 times and has exceeded all expectations. Says something about her. NOt sure what, but there it is.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Just want to point out that Ricky joined us on 5 Jun 08 and has already posted more than 1500 times and has exceeded all expectations. Says something about her. NOt sure what, but there it is.
she's loquacious. Also, she talks a lot.

Seriously, RM........you are special. I'm glad I 'know' you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
she's loquacious. Also, she talks a lot.

Seriously, RM........you are special. I'm glad I 'know' you.
Essentially:

1. I have no life;
2. ... forget anything else ... just go with item number one.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Essentially:

1. I have no life;
2. ... forget anything else ... just go with item number one.

Awww. RickyMaveety, how can you say that. You have us; your friends -- we are you family. We provide sympathy support and consolation. With the ministry, surely no-one can say they have no life....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote