Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #391
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There's a sequel? Off to look!

Edit: Nevermind I own them both!

I am at the point where I don't know what I've bought or what I got for free.
Yup.

Is there a name for this disease?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #392
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Apparently its 86 here today. This week is spring weather for us. I am done with winter. I even had some styrofoam looking snow this year. Don't snow here in South Texas so it was fun.

I feel like planting . I do a lot of balcony container gardening.

I been trying to figure out what my first romance novel was I read. Now I started on my journey with the "Angelique" series, but it wouldn't be considered strictly romance in today's standards. I was 12 and I never looked back. Its what started not only my love or romance, but historical romance. They are so well researched. Just not available in the US unless willing to sell a first born, which I don't have.

As far as genre romance, I am a bit hazy on that. I know I read a lot of stuff after I read Angelique and some of that came off my moms book shelf. There were some Mills and Boons/Harlequin, I think they were called Cora in Germany. I can't recall. There were other lines though, I vaguely remember things with doctors in the mountains being popular. Alps and such.

So I guess I'll just count Angelique as my first romance. It did start me on them and made a woman out of me.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #393
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
...I am done with winter.....
I couldn't agree more. So over all this snow here in the midwest, I cannot wait for spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I feel like planting . I do a lot of balcony container gardening.....
I have been trying to do that, but my patio/balcony is in the shadiest section of my complex. it is very hard to find a good corner to work in
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #394
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free Maggie Shayne Bundle!

6 Books in 1!

Before Buffy, Before True Blood, before The Vampire Diaries, came the original "Twilight" series, Maggie Shayne's WINGS IN THE NIGHT. Now, in honor of Maggie's appearance with Christine Feehan at FAN 2014, Harlequin and Maggie Shayne are offering the first SIX stories of the Wings in the Night series absolutely FREE.

From Friday, February 21 to March 7th, Wings in the Night, Part 1 will be FREE

This volume includes: Twilight Phantasies, Twilight Memories, Twilight Illusions, Beyond Twilight, Born in Twilight, and Run From Twilight

Download them beginning 2/21 FREE:

Amazon Kindle (US)

BN.com Nookbook

Kobo (Not Free yet)

Harlequin.com

Note: This is an amazing freebie! Thank you Harelquin!

Last edited by Blossom; 02-21-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #395
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Awesome!!! Thanks!!! I've read the first and it was great!

Quote:

6 Books in 1!

Before Buffy, Before True Blood, before The Vampire Diaries, came the original "Twilight" series, Maggie Shayne's WINGS IN THE NIGHT. Now, in honor of Maggie's appearance with Christine Feehan at FAN 2014, Harlequin and Maggie Shayne are offering the first SIX stories of the Wings in the Night series absolutely FREE.

From Friday, February 21 to March 7th, Wings in the Night, Part 1 will be FREE

This volume includes: Twilight Phantasies, Twilight Memories, Twilight Illusions, Beyond Twilight, Born in Twilight, and Run From Twilight

Download them beginning 2/21 FREE:

Amazon Kindle (US)

BN.com Nookbook

Kobo (Not Free yet)

Harlequin.com

booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #396
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Alright romance junkies...this is a freebie at amazon, a romantic suspense. I am trying to taper down my auto-clickitis on freebies, so I'm wondering if anyone here has read this and has any opinions they can offer me.

Make it Rain (The Montclair Brothers) by Terri Marie

Quote:
Publication Date: December 25, 2013
Tyler Montclair wasn't looking for love on that rainy night. He'd just narrowly escaped a five-year relationship with a nutcase. All he had to worry about now was avoiding damsels in distress, his weakness, and sheltering his brothers from generations of family secrets that could change their lives forever.

Renee Preston is on the run. Her abusive husband, Robert, is after her…but so is Tyler Montclair. She doesn't need a knight in shining armor to rescue her, so she avoids him like the plague. But every time she closes her eyes, there he is. Up close and personal.

But for these two lost souls, fate has a different plan. Before they know it, their lives are entwined in ways they could have never imagined. When an unlikely series of events sends everyone's world into a tailspin, the Montclairs band together for a fight they never expected.

Castle Lake is their destination. The family secrets could be their undoing. Robert could be their demise.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #397
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Alright romance junkies...this is a freebie at amazon, a romantic suspense. I am trying to taper down my auto-clickitis on freebies, so I'm wondering if anyone here has read this and has any opinions they can offer me.

My advice is read the sample then decide. I find doing that will tell me if I want the book or not.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #398
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I just finished the Audible Bound by Lorelei James. I really hope the eBook goes on sale. This is a keeper for me. I haven't been this excited by a book since Thoughtless. I loved it. 4.5 rating. I had some issues with the heroine personality as she seemed like a rebellious teenager at times instead of an adult but I loved the story and the hero. I also wished the author stopped using the C word that is just so unsexy. March 25th is when the conclusion comes out. So maybe book one will go on sale.

Just found the next book will not have the same narrator but the guy who did a horrible job reading the last chapter is narrating the next book looks like I will have pay $8 for the ebook. Rachel did an amazing job. Luke Daniels sucked at reading.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-21-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #399
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The 3 books of Addicted series by Krista & Becca Ritchie are on sale for $.99 each. This was my favorite book/series of 2013.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #400
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
SEALed with A Kiss - All-Navy SEAL Anthology - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo

I just picked this up for the Teresa Reasor novel. It was a pleasant surprise for a big boxed set. The formatting is nice and consistent, it splits easily and all the entries have a TOC. All but 1 of the books has a cover! I rarely see that in a boxed set.

I've included my Calibre word count in the description below:

Quote:
Anthology of 8 Navy SEAL novellas by New York Times, USA Today and award-winning bestselling authors: Marliss Melton, Gennita Low, Teresa Reasor, Elle James, Delilah Devlin, Stephanie Tyler, J.M. Madden and Sharon Hamilton

CODE OF SILENCE by Award-winning Internationally Bestselling author Marliss Melton:
Navy SEAL Vinny DeInnocentis has no idea his news reporter wife is keeping secrets. With her hard-won reputation for rooting out corruption, Ophelia can’t let a little thing like her unexpected pregnancy get in the way of exposing Pennsylvania’s lieutenant governor for the liar he is. But will her quest to publicize the truth — and her shocking discovery that her target is far more dangerous than she imagined — cost her more than she ever thought she’d lose?
Seal Team Twelve #4.5 - 28295 words

SEAL MY DESTINY by New York Times and USA/Today Bestselling Author Sharon Hamilton:
Back from a horrible tour, Navy SEAL Luke Paulsen has a chance encounter with a woman who begins to unthaw his troubled soul. Deciding he’s too damaged, he begs off further entanglement, but then meets her again a month later at a family wedding, where the unavoidable attraction pulls them together as never before. Will their love be enough to heal them both for a chance at a Happily Ever After?
SEAL Brotherhood #??? - 30883 words

HOLDING ON by New York Times Bestselling author Stephanie Tyler:
(a novella set in the Hold series - originally published in SEAL of My Dreams altho) Jamie Michaels is an FBI Agent, married to a Navy SEAL…and about to give birth while her husband’s deployed. Navy SEAL Chris Waldron’s been on some impossible missions before, but getting home in time for the birth of his son might prove to be the toughest–and most rewarding mission of all.
Hold #3.5 - 8311 words

WARRIOR by Bestselling author Gennita Low:
On a covert operation with his SEAL team, Lucas Branson bumps into his love interest, Kit Ling Harrison, who is overseas with her media team interviewing victims of war. Things get interesting when he and Kit end up on an unexpected road trip. Chasing vehicles, avoiding RPGs, singing silly songs, and falling in love ensue.
Crossfire #5 - 62128 words

SEAL's DESIRE by USA Today Bestselling author Elle James:
Back from deployment, Navy SEAL Remy LaDue's planned Valentine's Day date with NCIS agent Mitchell Sanders runs amuck when he finds her undercover as a sexy stripper at a local lounge. Remy and his team join forces with Mitchell to find a missing woman and discover a human trafficking organization in the darkest heart of Virginia Beach.
Take No Prisoners #2 - 29389 words

SEAL's LOST DREAM by USA Today Bestselling author JM Madden
Former Navy SEAL K9 handler Joe Flynn lost his dog in the war and doesn’t want anything to do with animals, but every stray in Denver seems to head his way. Luckily for him, the luscious veterinarian Willow James doesn’t mind taking care of everything he finds. She even seems willing to take him on with all his ghosts, but is he ready to let them go for her?
Lost and Found #??? - 34580 words

BREAKING FREE by Bestselling author Teresa Reasor
When her brother Brett is attacked and left for dead, Zoe Weaver and Lieutenant Adam 'Hawk' Yazzie work together to discover if one of his SEAL teammates is responsible for his injuries. But will loyalties forged on the battlefield prove more binding than the truth? Or their love?
SEAL Team Heartbreakers #1 - 94299 words

MUTINY'S BOUNTY by USA Today Bestselling author Delilah Devlin:
Interested only in experiencing an adrenaline-packed adventure first-hand to give her credo when she books her clients’ adventure vacations, Lace McElhannon finds more excitement than she can handle when she meets and falls into bed with ex-SEAL Dex Haygood. Fresh from protecting transport ships from Somali pirates, Dex figures his latest job will be a cakewalk, until he finds himself in deep water, swimming with sharks and trying to protect Lace when the yacht they’re sailing on is taken.
Adventure Girls, Inc. #1?? - 24906 words
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:57 AM   #401
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
SEALed with A Kiss - All-Navy SEAL Anthology - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo
And couponable with Kobo Thank you, BTW!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #402
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:

Harlequin.com

Thanks, I grabbed it from Harlequin turns out it's the first time I've been back since the great 5c sale of 2012
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #403
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post

I don't know the book, but the first reviews I saw mentioned that it doesn't have an ending. That's an automatic no-click for me, even if it is free. I absolutely loathe this trend of breaking books up and not ending them in one book. The only good thing about them is that they are easy to resist, so they keep me from adding yet another book to the darn TBR mountain.
worktolive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #404
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

The Bride Wore Chocolate (Sweet and Savory #1) by Shirley Jump (Zebra 2004)

Quote:
Life couldn’t be more perfect for Candace Woodrow. Her gourmet gift basket company is thriving, and she’s set to marry steady, dependable Barry. There’s just one wrench in the fairytale. Two weeks before her wedding she wakes up in the wrong man’s bed. Candace thinks she’ll be able to run out the door and forget all about Michael Vogler, but the Boston millionaire has other plans for the jittery bride.

As the wedding approaches, Candace’s life is further complicated by a thrill-seeking grandma and a meddlesome mother whose marriage track record rivals Elizabeth Taylor’s. She attempts to drown her sorrows in chocolate, but with a sexy bachelor appearing on her doorstep at every turn – she finds herself wondering if there’s enough of the sweet stuff in the world to stop her heart from racing every time he comes near.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #405
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie

The Bride Wore Chocolate (Sweet and Savory #1) by Shirley Jump (Zebra 2004)
I read another of Shirley Jump's books in this series, The Devil Served Desire and it was adorable with a really sweet hero and lots of yummy food scenes. I think I picked it up either free or at a bargain price (it's now $3.99).
worktolive is online now   Reply With Quote