Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2015, 01:03 AM   #1
uniqdom
uniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it isuniqdom knows what time it is

Device: Boox Max3
PW1 lost PADs for serial port, but found signals near USB port

Hi, I had soldered some cables to the serial port pads in my Kindle Paperwhite1. After a bad movement, the cable for TX did move and its PCB pad broke and I lost it . I noticed a SMD resistor in that via, so I tried to solder the cable to the resistor. My skills soldering are damn bad. I lost the resistor too . After trying to solder the cable to the TX signal pad where the resistor was, I lost that pad too .

So, my pw1 was dead for about a week. After craying about it, I found another TX and RX signals for the same serial port. This time I'm not going to solder anything.

I don't know if anybody has ever found the same (I couldn't found anything with the search button) it's near the usb port. Just wanted to share it with you guys. Image attached. Does anyone know what is that tiny IC?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	137708  
uniqdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Not a clue here (or that I have seen posted on this forum).

But the K3 also had a tiny "mystery" chip connected to the serial port lines.
I don't think anyone ever investigated what it was.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert