Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #181
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
My last link notes that some forms of copyright infringement became, in 1982, in the US, felonies. That's way harsher than is wise. When laws are so harsh, against offenses so common, they aren't enforced. Make it like a parking ticket. Give the kingpins probation.
I think the term for this is "overcriminalization," and from what I've seen it began about the same time the Boomers started having kids and getting elected to various legislatures. I've got a hunch it came about from the Boomers realizing what they got away with as kids, and deciding they weren't going to let any future generations get away with the same stuff.

I'm wondering when people are going to start flogging and beheading rebellious children like they did in the Geneva Experiment.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #182
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I think the term for this is "overcriminalization," and from what I've seen it began about the same time the Boomers started having kids and getting elected to various legislatures. I've got a hunch it came about from the Boomers realizing what they got away with as kids, and deciding they weren't going to let any future generations get away with the same stuff.

I'm wondering when people are going to start flogging and beheading rebellious children like they did in the Geneva Experiment.
Do you have some references(links) for the Geneva experiment beheading and flogging of children. I seem to have a morbid curiousity on this and am unable to find anything remotely similiar using google. I find links on the Geneva experiment as in Big Bang, and nazi beheading and measuring skulls of the Jewish people, but nothing that seems remotely like what you are talking about.

Thanks

BTW Some of the things that may be being overcriminalized today, such as copyright circumvention, downloading videos or music were not technologically possible when boomers were children, and not that easy, cheap or convenient when they started having children.

Helen
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #183
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
When boomers were children the thing they wanted the most was a cassette deck with dual players and speed dubbing. Not as fast as copying a MP3 file, but those things ran throughout the night.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #184
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
And the generation prior to the boomers thought that the transistor radio was cool. It made it possible for music to be portable.

Every generation seems to think that they invented everything good. The generation before them and the generation after them point the finger and think they invented everything bad.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #185
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
When boomers were children the thing they wanted the most was a cassette deck with dual players and speed dubbing. Not as fast as copying a MP3 file, but those things ran throughout the night.
LOL! As a middle of the boom boomer http://www.bbhq.com/bomrstat.htm

cassette decks were not even marketed when I was a child. Not until 1965 I believe and without speed dubbing or any kind of dubbing that I recall.

Needed studio equipment for that.

Of course I probably would have wanted one if they existed.

Helen
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #186
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
My parents had one, they used to swap cassettes with friends that they used in their car. My dad had a huge collection of jazz records, some 2000 I believe, even some 78 RPMs , but they didn't have contemporary hits, so that is what they would swap for.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #187
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The US Supreme Court has made its decision. New Thread.

This thread now closed.
Closed Thread