Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #46
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugstar View Post
This could mean the T2 lacks the audio capabilities of the T1, then again, the tester may not have had headphones available when testing.
I've had my T1 since Christmas, and haven't plugged headphones in yet. If it were me, audio wouldn't be a deciding factor.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Oficial covers drop price in USA.

http://www.sonyreaderboards.com/foru...e=3&f=2&t=2823

different size t2 and t1?
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #48
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Oficial covers drop price in USA.

different size t2 and t1?
Seeing as there was enough difference in size between the PRS-505, 600, 650 & T1 so as none of the covers were interchangeable, I'd pretty much bank on the T2 being a unique size.

I can't imagine that it has anything to do with Sony selling covers for forty bucks each...
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #49
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Preorder for T2 available

http://www.shopereaders.com/product-p/sony-prs-t2.htm

It seems that finally bring only software changes, there seems to be nothing new in hardware

I was hoping for color or glow light... Really, it could have been a simple soft upgrade!
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #50
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
in the states there is price protection.. and most of the T1 have been on discount. Outdated- is a relative term.. marketing drives sales of Newer better faster.. but my 350 is still a champ!

I do like my T1 in the standard case.. (minimal lightweight and works)

Generally Sony new release cycle is towards the Fall (in summer we hear the rumors) :-)

T! keep it. Enjoy it. Use it.. the elusive what is new around the corner will always be that.. elusive.

I find the wifi access on the T1 handy but i rather focus on reading.. than hitting the net for wiki or google.
Wiki and Google searches is something I miss on the Nook Glow. Sometimes I wish I could make one out of the T1 and the Glow... Love the Glow and the form factor, but love the T1 software... Glow syncs fast while the T1 takes a LOOOOOONG while on Calibre to recognize and sync... Love tagging a book on the T1 and showing up on a shelf... Hate it with the Glow... Maybe some day
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #51
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Any news about this reader?

Everything is very quiet, no news about new kindle neither...

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #52
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
just saw this but can find any other news on prs-t2

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ja...book-rise.html

anyone else found anymore
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #53
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
i would expect:

android inbuilted so that I can play chess and reading pdf with repligo go reader without risk to destroy the device and go out of guarantee.

the possibility to use the istantaneous fabulous dictionary on android as well.

to synth with a cloud my android tablet books.

make the system finally fast! expecially after all the pain I have with the prs650 when I highlight too many books.

ahh I was forgetting...... A MIRASOOOOL/pixel qi screen please!!!!!!!!!
regards

Last edited by trocchietto; 07-16-2012 at 10:05 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #54
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
I met someone for Sony at the weekend. I asked about the T2 and was told he couldn't tell me the spec but it was due to be available in September. FWIW.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #55
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
i would expect:
android inbuilted so that I can play chess and reading pdf with repligo go reader without risk to destroy the device and go out of guarantee.
the possibility to use the istantaneous fabulous dictionary on android as well.
to synth with a cloud my android tablet books.
make the system finally fast! expecially after all the pain I have with the prs650 when I highlight too many books.ahh I was forgetting...... A MIRASOOOOL/pixel qi screen please!!!!!!!!!
regards

I suspect ............... no !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #56
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Shops seem to be running out of their PRS-T1 stocks and are no longer re-supplied. Just like last year for the 350/650 models. So in a month or so I expect the PRS-T2 to come out.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #57
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Pre-Orders are being taken at J & R Music.

Code:
http://www.jr.com/sony/pe/SON_PRST2HBC/
All three colors are available for pre-order. Price is still the same $129.99 USD

Looks like the buttons have been removed, no mention of audio any more. There are no processor specs posted, but it looks pretty much the same as the T1. Supposedly a longer battery life.

Looks like we will be paying the same for less features. No wonder Sony is in financial trouble.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #58
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post

Code:
All three colors are available for pre-order. Price is still the same $129.99 USD

Looks like the buttons have been removed, no mention of audio any more. There are no processor specs posted, but it looks pretty much the same as the T1. Supposedly a longer battery life.

Looks like we will be paying the same for less features. No wonder Sony is in financial trouble.
At $129.99, it looks like a serious contender.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post

Code:

How do you know the T2 has less features?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #60
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I don't know for certain, I am going by the item descriptions. The descriptions no longer mentions that audio files can be used or that there is a headphone jack. All the silver buttons have been removed, I assume there are touch buttons built into the case.

The T1 shows 12 dictionaries, the T2 shows 6. I've never counted the dictionaries to be honest.

Now the battery is listed at 2 month, half an hour reading per day, the T1 listed 14,000 page turns. Same battle the other other readers went through when they had the battery wars. One month became two months of battery life.

Surely they will show the reader at the trade show on Aug. 28, if not before then.

Last edited by mycurlylocks; 08-09-2012 at 08:16 PM.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote