Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #601
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle
Hello Willus,

Whenever possible, please check the following problem.

I attach source and output file, with output file shown white pages, and software preview shown OK.

It is something with font color, but I cannot find the parameter to change.

Thank you.

Regards,
Angelos

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-15-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Remove copyrighted attachments.
agelos100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #602
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos100 View Post
Whenever possible, please check the following problem.

I attach source and output file, with output file shown white pages, and software preview shown OK.

It is something with font color, but I cannot find the parameter to change.
I've verified that this is a bug in k2pdfopt's native PDF output in v2.03. It is due to the way your source PDF file is constructed. I have fixed the bug for the next release, but for now you'll have to turn off native PDF output, e.g.

k2pdfopt -mode fw -ls- -n- patagonia.pdf

Last edited by willus; 10-15-2013 at 12:06 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #603
lealgo
lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
Hello:
I have a Kindle 3 with KPV which is great. I wonder if it is possible to update the library libk2pdfopt.so.1 to a newer version...
Thank you.
lealgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #604
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lealgo View Post
Hello:
I have a Kindle 3 with KPV which is great. I wonder if it is possible to update the library libk2pdfopt.so.1 to a newer version...
Thank you.
I don't work on that project. I think you want one of the mobileread threads listed here: http://willus.com/k2pdfopt/contrib/. See the upper right box.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #605
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
The way k2pdfopt works--by immediately converting to bitmaps--I'm afraid auto-detecting mixed text is beyond my current bag of tricks. It would have to involve some form of OCR or some new way of parsing the PDF file. Sorry.
I just noticed Librerator (and KOReader) have a very nice and functional 2-column viewer for pdfs. Amazing!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #606
lealgo
lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
I don't work on that project. I think you want one of the mobileread threads listed here: http://willus.com/k2pdfopt/contrib/. See the upper right box.
My bad. I had the silly idea that I could use unmodified recent versions of k2pdf provided they were made for arm. I guess the guys from KPV make their own integration of the library.

Regards.
lealgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #607
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Web site restored

Good news. At last, I finally got access to fix the capcha issue on my web site, so things are finally restored to what they were before October 5. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #608
JensW
Enthusiast
JensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trolls

Device: Kindle 4
Maybe they at least learned their lesson and did not rely on a raid mirror or something for their "backups" :-)
JensW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #609
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensW View Post
Maybe they at least learned their lesson and did not rely on a raid mirror or something for their "backups" :-)
I'm not convinced that hosters ever learn any lesson, but users do! Until further notice, I am setting up willus.org (bluehost.com) as a mirror to willus.com (cwihosting.com), with a complete copy of the files. I still have to work out some kinks (k2pdfopt download page doesn't work yet), but I'll get there.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #610
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Hello Willus,

I have a problem with the conversion of a pdf file to kindle dimensions.

I attach source and output files.

Please check all pages except 1st one; there is a gap at the bottom of page, which I cannot fix.

My options for k2pfdopt are:
-gui+ -wrap- -n -ocr- -col 1

I tried different values for -ws and -gtw and I could not find any other parameter to change.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Friendly regards,
Angelos
Old 10-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #611
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos100 View Post
I have a problem with the conversion of a pdf file to kindle dimensions. ... there is a gap at the bottom of page, which I cannot fix.

My options for k2pfdopt are:
-gui+ -wrap- -n -ocr- -col 1
Did you try -mode fitwidth -ls- ? I cannot try it at the moment. That's typically the best mode for conversions like this.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #612
agelos100
Enthusiast

Quote:
Did you try -mode fitwidth -ls- ? I cannot try it at the moment. That's typically the best mode for conversions like this.
I have just tried that, same result, for every other page...

Whenever possible, take a look at it.

Thank you.

Agelos
Old 10-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #613
agelos100
Enthusiast

Quote:
Update

I have just tried the following combination with much better results (every few pages I get a couple of blank lines at the bottom of the page)

-mode fw -gui+ -ls- -vls 1.2

Thanks for your time!

Angelos
Old 10-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #614
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
Is it normal that a converted file is 40mb? from 1.51, no images.
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #615
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Is it normal that a converted file is 40mb? from 1.51, no images.
The converted file size depends on several factors:

1. The source file size and content.

2. The conversion type used (native or bitmap)--since you are using 1.51, must be bitmap.

3. The resolution chosen for the output file.

It is certainly within the realm of normal that a converted file could be 40 MB. I would expect that it would be many pages, though--more than 100? Like I said, it depends on many things.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools