Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
tekline
tekline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle Writer has gone from strength to strength since it was first announced here and now many users are using the software, including professional software developers.

"I do appreciate all the help and support you have given me and I must say that the more I use your programme the more I really appreciate the fine product you have developed. I have a company, MobiApp121, we have just launched building mobile applications with a cross platform solution, so I can respect the development and work you have put into it. As in developing and sourcing the tools for that product I have spent a good deal of time looking at eBook authoring software, such as, Jutoh, Sigil and Calibre and yours is by far the most professional solution in allowing the true developer to finely control the html structure. (I really dislike Calibre - it's more of a management tool but far too complex with major issues and bugs). If I was giving out a prize for a great tool, with excellent support that does what it says on the tin, yours would be in the running for gold! - Steve Fishwick (25th September 2012)

Kindle Writer has had numerous testimonials and user reviews and I can now announce that Version 2 is due to be released on 1st October 2012. The new version includes new features like Brainstormer, an ideas processor, and integrated Kindle Cover Maker, a file manager and more. More details on the website.
tekline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
please tell me why i should have to pay for a utility to create an ebook for any publisher?
Writers used to have to but paper, typewriters and ribbons (or Pens and Ink).
I would agree with you, if you had to buy unique software for just one publisher. You are targeting a device platform (that happens to be attached to a publisher), but there are other outlets for the format.
Your choice. Play in the 500 lb Gorillas pen or elsewhere? Your choice
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #18
tekline
tekline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Whether people like it or not the Kindle is the most popular e-reading device around, with recent reports saying taking 70% share of the market. Furthermore, you can read Kindle books on many devices such as Kobo (upload your book and it is converted to EPUB) on Kobo Writing Life, Android, IPAD and IPhone with free apps from Amazon. Only Barnes & Noble and Sony is not supported as they use EPUB With the former you have to buy a ISBN number and have a USA bank account so for me living in the UK this is a no no.

Once, when a writer wrote books, first came along the typewriter and then the word processor. Today I believe it is Kindle Writer that will prevail as it is specifically designed to write books for the Kindle. It even works on Ubantu with WINE too. Since Mobiread was originally setup as a forum for mobi format for the Kindle it make sense to promote the Kindle here rather than any other device. That's my take anyway but as you say each has a choice.
tekline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, kindle writer, write a ebook