Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Cybook "general operation" questions

Hi All!

So far so good with the Cybook! But I have a few questions ????

1) So far I charged it once 3 hours and another 2 hours this morning. It now says 100% charged in the Library page. Does the red Led ever turn itself off or does it always stay on even if it is fully charged ?

2) I have read in a few posts that people make a copy of the system folder to be able to restore it in case of problems. Do you recommend it ??

I may have another 293 questions in the near future...

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
1) So far I charged it once 3 hours and another 2 hours this morning. It now says 100% charged in the Library page. Does the red Led ever turn itself off or does it always stay on even if it is fully charged ?
It always stays on. It just indicates that a power source is connected.

Quote:
2) I have read in a few posts that people make a copy of the system folder to be able to restore it in case of problems. Do you recommend it ??
Yes, definitely!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
My Led turns itself off when it's fully charged.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wierd - mine doesn't!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wierd - mine doesn't!
I depends. There is a difference between connecting to an usb-charger, to a computer usb port with the Cybook switched off and to a computer with the Cybook switched on.

I've seen the led stay red, turn to green and turn off.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

OK. I always charge from a PC's USB port. I'm pretty sure that the LED stays on when you do that, although not 100% certain, since my CyBook is normally in the case which hides the LED.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
The red light always turns off on mine even when charging it through a USB port on my computer.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #8
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I charge through USB port connected to PC or Mac, with Cybook turned off while charging. Led stays red while charging, then turns off when fully charged.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Same here!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:51 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I wonder if it's a minor change in the firmware, perhaps? Mine was one of the very first batch of Gen3s, and I believe the current ones have a slightly later firmware revision.

Anyway, a complete "non issue", no matter what.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:26 AM   #11
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I think there is method to the madness :-)

If you charge it while it's powered on, the LED goes from red to green. If you charge it powered off, it goes from red to off.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:32 AM   #12
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
If you charge it while it's powered on, the LED goes from red to green. If you charge it powered off, it goes from red to off.
That is my conclusion also. Last night I charged it for the second time and LED went from red to green and the CyB was turned on.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That would explain it. I'm colour-blind, and can't tell the difference between red and green in an LED.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:14 AM   #14
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That would explain it. I'm colour-blind, and can't tell the difference between red and green in an LED.
Sorry, but this is really funy. Made me laugh quite hard. Who would have thought about something like this.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

About 15% of men (but only about 2% of women) suffer from the type of colour blindness that I have, so it's pretty common. I wish that people who design web sites, etc, would consider the issue more. "NatCh", for example, has it too.