Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
jjjason1
jjjason1 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Downgrading nook?

I'm on the 1.2 firmware and I can't access any of My Documents (I have all the originals and they still don't work), I hate the new menu, and it's actually slower than it was before so does anyone know how I can downgrade back to 1.1.1 and/or where I can download the firmware 1.1.1?
jjjason1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjason1 View Post
I'm on the 1.2 firmware and I can't access any of My Documents (I have all the originals and they still don't work), I hate the new menu, and it's actually slower than it was before so does anyone know how I can downgrade back to 1.1.1 and/or where I can download the firmware 1.1.1?
I did like the old menu better as well.
I haven't tried. But you should be able to downgrade as per the explanation from http://nookdevs.com/Main_Page
I'm considering downgrading myself...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
jjjason1

But the only problem with that is it downgrades you to 1.0 not 1.1.1. 1.0 was very slow and buggy.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have the firmware 1.1.1 file in my PC, but don't know where to upload.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
jjjason1

^megaupload.com is a free place with an easy system of uploading files. You just click "browse" right on the home page, type in a file description in the second box and click upload then post the URL here. We would really really appreciate it!

Last edited by jjjason1; 02-06-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjason1 View Post
^megaupload.com is a free place with an easy system of uploading files. You just click "browse" right on the home page, type in a file description in the second box and click upload then post the URL here. We would really really appreciate it!
Here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=583OWCMW

But I would strongly recommend you not to downgrade, because I'm very happy with the new version.

Your documents are in internal memory or external card? Mine are all in internal card, no problem so far.

Last edited by bthoven; 02-06-2010 at 10:06 PM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote