Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #751
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.6.5 - 23 Aug 2012
New site: www.dracoandginny.com
New site: www.scarvesandcoffee.net
New site: www.thepetulantpoetess.com
New site: www.wolverineandrogue.com
Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #752
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
I have a site request.

http://www.sinful-desire.org
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #753
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
That much is simple enough, will be in the next version.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #754
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
That much is simple enough, will be in the next version.
Thank you
Old 08-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #755
dailyalice
Geek of All Trades
dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis (3rd gen)
I just had to drop in (and finally register for this site rather than reading threads all the time as a guest) to express my thanks for this fantastic plug-in. I love it! Have downloaded a ton of stuff using it, primarily from Archive of Our Own and Fanfiction.net. Love being able to have so much of the metadata filled in automatically. I also like being able to select all the fanfic listed as In-Progress and have the plug-in check for updates. There are many things I love about it.

Of course now I have about a zillion tags listed in my fanfic Calibre Library. Anyone out there have any advice on the best way to winnow that down? Obviously I can edit the list using "edit category" in Calibre, but many of them pop up again so automatically winnowing/converting would be great if there were a way to do so. I do find some of the tags useful or I'd just use my own, but people use a ton of them on other sites.

I've also been trying to standardize names of Categories. So I don't have Harry Potter, Harry Potter - Rowling, Harry Potter - Fandom but instead just one Harry Potter category to rule them all. I've used the "replace_metadata" section in personal.ini to fix that particular category, but have noticed some of the things I've tried in that section don't work so I'm imagining there might be some sort of limit on how many things you can put there? (Is there?)

A note about what URLs work and what don't: I noticed a couple of weeks ago that when I was inputting a list of URLs to be downloaded, some stuff didn't download. Tried to figure out what was going on. Then I realized that the Archive of Our Own URLs were showing up as https:// instead of the usual http:// and those were the ones that didn't seem to work. Is this a known issue? (At the time it happened I tried searching this thread and didn't see anything on the topic, but it's possible I missed something or it's been discussed since then.)

Is there a way to automatically fill in metadata for pairing? Pairings seem to often be listed in "characters" or "tags" but I created a custom column for that (and considered actually making sub-cats or genres for pairings). I know in some cases the archive itself is an indicator of pairing as those archives are specifically for one (likewise the archive could be an indicator of category/fandom). I imagine there's probably a way to automatically fill-in data in the pairing column using data from other columns, but I haven't come up with it yet.

Ack. Sorry. Rambling and giving suggestions, questions, ideas, and so on. Have been playing with this plug-in and my fanfic library in Calibre quite a bit for some time now so once I start talking about it, it all comes flooding out. I very much appreciate the plug-in, the suggestions and ideas and help people have posted to go with it.
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #756
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyalice View Post
Of course now I have about a zillion tags listed in my fanfic Calibre Library. Anyone out there have any advice on the best way to winnow that down? Obviously I can edit the list using "edit category" in Calibre, but many of them pop up again so automatically winnowing/converting would be great if there were a way to do so. I do find some of the tags useful or I'd just use my own, but people use a ton of them on other sites.
There are options in FFDL now for only using site data to fill tags(etc) on new books, not updates. You've already found the only mechanism FFDL offers for changing metadata: replace_metadata. You can use it to both change and remove incoming tags.

Quote:
... so I'm imagining there might be some sort of limit on how many things you can put there(replace_metadata)? (Is there?)
Not that I'm aware of. Are you sure your regexps and escaping are correct?

Quote:
Then I realized that the Archive of Our Own URLs were showing up as https:// instead of the usual http:// and those were the ones that didn't seem to work.
AO3 continues to add new features, so it doesn't surprise me there's things FFDL doesn't support. I'll look into what we might be able to do about https URLs if you can provide an example URL.

Quote:
Is there a way to automatically fill in metadata for pairing? Pairings seem to often be listed in "characters" or "tags" but I created a custom column for that (and considered actually making sub-cats or genres for pairings).
AO3's pairing is included in 'characters' (which is included in tags by default, see include_subject_tags) because the alternative was to throw it away entirely. AO3 is pretty much the site that has a 'pairing' metadatum and I'm not inclined to go to all the bother of separating it out for one site.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #757
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
This plugin is the best thing that's happened to my ebook reading workflow ever (and I've been reading ebooks in one form or another for more than 10 years).

Anyway, I totally love it but wondered if there is a way to not get the "Proceed with updating your library?" popup that appears when downloading? When I'm downloading a few titles, the pop up sometimes 'gets lost' behind windows and I'm never sure if I've properly added everything.

Again - thank you to everyone involved in this brilliant plugin.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #758
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@skb - Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
... wondered if there is a way to not get the "Proceed with updating your library?" popup that appears when downloading? When I'm downloading a few titles, the pop up sometimes 'gets lost' behind windows and I'm never sure if I've properly added everything.
Unfortunately, no. I'm not fond of it, myself, either.

calibre wasn't originally designed for concurrent update. So the problem is that if you (or another plugin) modifies or deletes a book that FFDL is updating simultaneously, it could corrupt your library database.

The official calibre solution is to use a special calibre 'proceed_question' call that enforces sequential update by making the user click an 'ok to proceed' button for each set of background process updates.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #759
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hey, no worries - it's a little thing and isn't a show stopper. Thanks, again!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #760
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.6.6 - 25 Aug 2012
New site: www.sinful-desire.org
Add adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed; to epub CSS to prevent hyphenation on Nook STR(it loses parts of the hyphenated word sometimes.)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #761
evamaria
evamaria began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sorry for the MIA, personal issues...

The new version you attached above actually seems to work! I've attached the log again.

Thank you so much! (Btw, the latest update available in Calibre crashes again.)

Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre-debug.txt (2.7 KB, 157 views)
Old 08-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #762
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@evamaria - No problem.

Let's do one more round of testing just to be sure. Please try the attached version and make sure it works for you.

(update)

Never mind, I've gone ahead and put these changes in the release version since I had some other updates..

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #763
Zauberlehrling!
Zauberlehrling! began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Keyboard
Have a new strange issue (see attachment picture).
I can't download the story from ksarchive.com. Link of the story is: http://www.ksarchive.com/viewstory.php?sid=4516

Thanks for help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error_20120826.png
Views:	199
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	91327  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #764
dailyalice
Geek of All Trades
dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis (3rd gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
There are options in FFDL now for only using site data to fill tags(etc) on new books, not updates. You've already found the only mechanism FFDL offers for changing metadata: replace_metadata. You can use it to both change and remove incoming tags.
Oops. I'd somehow missed the feature where you can specify which columns should only be updated/filled the first time. I must not have poked around in preferences after the last few updates. I like it, it's excellent!

If I want to remove a tag entirely, do I just say EXAMPLETAG=> and leave the space after the bracket blank? Or is there something else to do?

Quote:
Are you sure your regexps and escaping are correct?
I suspect I messed up something there, it's been ages since I mucked about with regular expressions. And I know some of the things I want to change involve punctuation that would probably mess things up. (Like changing "Harry P." to "Harry Potter" or "Dark Knight Rises (2012)" to "Batman" and other things of that ilk.)

Quote:
AO3 continues to add new features, so it doesn't surprise me there's things FFDL doesn't support. I'll look into what we might be able to do about https URLs if you can provide an example URL.
Honestly it was just that sometimes when I went to copy paste a story URL, it was the usual story URL but with "https" instead of "http". My "fix" was to remove the "s" by hand once I figured that out.

I haven't yet sussed out if it was because I was grabbing the URLs in a different place than usual, but I don't think that's the case as I'm pretty consistent in getting the URL from a list of works in a particular fandom by a particular writer. I pretty much always grab URLs while logged in to AO3 that are both "can only see if logged in" and of the regular variety and never ran into the https issue except a few times so I don't think everyone's getting https by default while logged in or anything like that.

If I run into it again, I'll take notes on when/how it cropped up.

Quote:
AO3's pairing is included in 'characters' (which is included in tags by default, see include_subject_tags) because the alternative was to throw it away entirely. AO3 is pretty much the site that has a 'pairing' metadatum and I'm not inclined to go to all the bother of separating it out for one site.
Sure, makes sense. Better to have all the data you can get.

Okay, I'm looking at include_subject_tags. Let me see if I've got this straight: if I don't want character names, genre, status, categories included in "tags" (but just in their respective columns for genre, status, characters, etc.), I can comment that out (or remove some of the items on the default list). Is this correct? I still want to collect that data, but I don't want that stuff listed in the regular tag section.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #765
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
If I want to remove a tag entirely, do I just say EXAMPLETAG=> and leave the space after the bracket blank?
Correct.

Quote:
Honestly it was just that sometimes when I went to copy paste a story URL, it was the usual story URL but with "https" instead of "http". My "fix" was to remove the "s" by hand once I figured that out.
I'll add some code to change https to http.

Quote:
Okay, I'm looking at include_subject_tags. Let me see if I've got this straight: if I don't want character names, genre, status, categories included in "tags" (but just in their respective columns for genre, status, characters, etc.), I can comment that out (or remove some of the items on the default list). Is this correct? I still want to collect that data, but I don't want that stuff listed in the regular tag section.
Correct.
Closed Thread