Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Libbyfh
Connoisseur
Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Ipad, Iphone
Toxicity: A thriller

Hi, all. I have a new e-book out. A dark police procedural/thriller, Toxicity is a prequel to my Georgia Davis PI series. Here's a description:

Ten years before EASY INNOCENCE, PI Georgia Davis was a police officer on the force in a Chicago suburb. And while homicides are rare on the North Shore, three bodies turn up in quick succession—all of them dumped in waste disposal dumpsters or landfills. The investigations into the murders test the mettle and professionalism of a combined police task force. Along the way, they also test the strength of Georgia’s relationship with one of the detectives working the case. While Georgia, her detective boyfriend Matt, and his sometime partner John Stone pit their skills against those of an ingenious killer, the daughter of a real estate mogul-- who just happens to have her eye on Matt -- complicates matters. A dark police procedural and thriller, TOXICITY is a prequel to the Georgia Davis PI series (EASY INNOCENCE and DOUBLEBACK).

Introductory price is 99 cents at both Amazon and Nook! Enjoy

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/book...ity%2bhellmann

http://www.amazon.com/Toxicity-ebook...4900768&sr=1-1]

Last edited by Libbyfh; 09-01-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Libbyfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Looks good! You just sold a book!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
Collin Moshman
Collin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Make that two sales! I really like police procedurals, looking forward to this one.
Collin Moshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Does that mean you can't read it on a Sony? And it has DRM?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
Libbyfh
Connoisseur
Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Libbyfh is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

You can read it on a Sony as soon as Smashwords uploads it. Which should be in a week or so. And it does have DRM.

Collin and Nook... thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the read. Let me know...

Libby
Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Appreciate the pricing. Looking forward to getting to it soon.
Can not resist police books... much less those that take place in my own backyard.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
It seems to be up on Smashwords already, Libby:

Toxicity at Smashwords
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Bought and put on the TBR!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I think there is some sort of mix-up at B&N.

I bought your book Toxicity...received Little Women (B&N Classic), a sample of The Murder of the Century and also Toxicity (although it's not in my library account, but on my device only). But when I opened up Toxicity it said something about "The Last Page".

I'm confused.

I did send an email to B&N customer service so hopefully they will rectify this.

Last edited by jhempel24; 09-03-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just checked my Nook and have the same situation as jhempel24. "The Last Page" appears to be a book of short stories.

Thinking archiving and unarchiving Toxicity might solve the problem, I went to my library online at B&N and can't find the book there. I checked using both the author and title A-Z sort options. Toxicity does still come up for sale on B&N, however.

I tried to archive/unarchive on my Nook just now, and that did happen; however, when the book was unarchived, it was still "The Last Page" with the Toxicity cover.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

Didnt work for me either....hopefully B&N will get back soon. Or the auther mwill see these posts and help out.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #12
Libbyfh
Connoisseur

Problems with Toxicity..

Hi, everyone. I just saw your comments about Nook, and I just checked my Pubit account. Consider me terribly embarrassed and red-faced. It was my fault. I uploaded the wrong file.

If anyone who bought TOXICITY got The Last Page instead, email me thru my website:
www.libbyhellmann.com, and I will send you a free copy of TOXICITY. E-pub or PDF. I'm so sorry... Really. I;m an idiot.

I've now uploaded the correct file, so everything should be okay going forward.

AAUUGGHH....

Last edited by Libbyfh; 09-06-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #13
jhempel24
Wizard

Sent you a message!

Thanks for getting back!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #14
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!

Sent a message also, and you are NOT an idiot! Things like that happen sometimes.

Thanks for the response here!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #15
Collin Moshman
Collin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheeseCollin Moshman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Just wanted to say that I've begun this book and so far it's excellent.
Collin Moshman is offline   Reply With Quote