Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
kressg23
Enthusiast
kressg23 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader, iPhone
Got my new EZ Reader, question about saving files on SD card

I'm so excited, I got my EZ Reader yesterday and it's been charging for the recommended 12+ hours for the first time. Now, I'm ready to get started with this little gem. I'm using Calibre (Great program by the way!) and rather than send the books to the device (should I do that?) I sent them to my SD card. Well, they saved as Author folders, within those folders are the book folders, and within those are the different book formats that I created. When I load the SD card into the device, all I get is one folder called Recent files that is empty. So, there must be too many folders.

What is the best method for keeping the books organized within the reader? And, should I store books on the device itself, or keep it free? Should I keep everything on the SD card? Thanks for any advice!
kressg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kressg23 View Post
When I load the SD card into the device, all I get is one folder called Recent files that is empty. So, there must be too many folders.
The "Recent Files" folder displays the files that were recently opened, so it's quite normal that it's empty if you haven't yet opened any books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kressg23 View Post
What is the best method for keeping the books organized within the reader? And, should I store books on the device itself, or keep it free? Should I keep everything on the SD card? Thanks for any advice!
There's no "best method"; do whatever suits you. I organize files in folders such as "literature", "science" et cetera, with subfolders per author.

Most people I know of (including myself) use their SD-card to store their books on. I find it handier to use only the SD-card + card reader instead of connecting the device to the computer (high speed transfers vs. USB 1) but I guess that, too, is a matter of preference.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Congratulations on receiving your new toy!

Using cards or not seems to be a personal preference.

I've heard that some people like to have a different card
for each category (romance, sci-fi, etc..).

and I "think" I read in the 505 forum that using a card
slowed things down? (I can't be positive on that and,
of course, that is referring to a 505)

Enjoy!!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
kressg23
Enthusiast
kressg23 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader, iPhone
Awesome, it worked and I now have several books on here. Thanks for your help!!
kressg23 is offline   Reply With Quote