Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-06-2016, 12:27 AM   #16
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
What converts people into loyal Amazon customers, is when you look all over in B&M stores and can't find what you are looking for. But 2 seconds after you type in said item on Amazon it pops up at a price that you are willing to buy it, then bingo, you have a loyal Amazon customer!

That is what is happening, store owners will only stock what sells, but if they don't have what you want, then that store is useless to you. If you don't have to leave your house, and find exactly what you are looking for, possibly at a better price, and have it delivered to your door....Priceless.
Absolutely!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:58 AM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
I'm in Pittsburgh PA and I've always had good service at Best Buy stores also. I recently purchased 2 Oasis devices there with faulty screens and returned both with no hassle. I'm not in the store more than a minute when a sales person approaches me and offers help.
Sorry for the aside, but are Oasiss available "in" the store, or did you do a "ship to store"? Looking online, it looks like only "Ship to store".
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yep people are a$$40les.
One grocery store here in town had a problem with customers who would rent DVD's that spoiled things too. People would rent a DVD, then they would watch it, and after that they would intentionally scratch it up after which they would bring it back and claim that they had been unable to watch the movie due to damage. It got so bad that the store stopped renting DVD's. People can ruin things for the rest of a group by their actions. The no-open policy is observed at Wal-Mart too in regards to some things like games or other software. I gather some people would buy a program, open it in order to copy it somehow and then try to return it for a refund later.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:38 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
One grocery store here in town had a problem with customers who would rent DVD's that spoiled things too. People would rent a DVD, then they would watch it, and after that they would intentionally scratch it up after which they would bring it back and claim that they had been unable to watch the movie due to damage. It got so bad that the store stopped renting DVD's. People can ruin things for the rest of a group by their actions. The no-open policy is observed at Wal-Mart too in regards to some things like games or other software. I gather some people would buy a program, open it in order to copy it somehow and then try to return it for a refund later.
There are always 'return' Scam Artists that abuse the stores (once) liberal policy.
Returns of 'unused' Electrical with 'chewed up' screw slots.

Returns of 'Unused' Laser printer Drum (was opened on the bottom and resealed after exchanging the contents. I was the next purchaser )

Returns of House branded Hardware not ever stocked by this member store

You name it...They try it
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #20
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Best Buy, Home Depot and Lowes: when I neither want nor need help they are constantly asking if they can help me. When I need help I can not seem to find an employee available.
A few years ago my niece bought a laptop from Best Buy. She lives out in the middle of nowhere and did not have cable or DSL available. The laptop did not have a dial up port and she wanted to exchange it for one that did. The manager refused to accommodate her because she had opened the box.
Apache
Ditto!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2016, 04:44 AM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Best Buy, Home Depot and Lowes: when I neither want nor need help they are constantly asking if they can help me. When I need help I can not seem to find an employee available.
A few years ago my niece bought a laptop from Best Buy. She lives out in the middle of nowhere and did not have cable or DSL available. The laptop did not have a dial up port and she wanted to exchange it for one that did. The manager refused to accommodate her because she had opened the box.
Apache
My dad once had an experience like that with Shop-Ko. He bought a VHS cassette of a movie and when he opened it he found that the clear part of the case (over the reels) was cracked and in danger of dropping into the tape (which would have chewed it up) so he took it back to exchange or get a refund. They didn't want to do it because he had opened the box. How he was supposed to know the contents were damaged before he opened it we never could figure out.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #22
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
My dad once had an experience like that with Shop-Ko. He bought a VHS cassette of a movie and when he opened it he found that the clear part of the case (over the reels) was cracked and in danger of dropping into the tape (which would have chewed it up) so he took it back to exchange or get a refund. They didn't want to do it because he had opened the box. How he was supposed to know the contents were damaged before he opened it we never could figure out.
To many people who are in positions to make the big decisions lack basic common sense.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #23
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
This thing about not allowing returns after the box has been opened was kind of pushed on stores in the 80's and 90's by customers who would buy a computer on Friday for a party and return it on Monday for a refund.
I bought a video card once at Fry's, changed my mind, and returned it. The clerk proceeded to open it and I told her no no it was brand new I hadn't opened it. She said she knew but they had to open it anyway. She didn't tell me why. Later I found out people would buy something, replace it with junk, seal the package, and return it. Therefore they had to open everything to check. Wow.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #24
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Sorry for the aside, but are Oasiss available "in" the store, or did you do a "ship to store"? Looking online, it looks like only "Ship to store".
I had one shipped to me and the other shipped to the store for pickup. They haven't been on sale in Best Buy stores in my area.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote