Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
mydnyghtblue
mydnyghtblue began at the beginning.

Device: toshiba
Help with Metadata Please

Hi all
Just finished downloading complete metadata for my entire 8,000+ library. was in the process of applying all, when my laptop rebooted.
Did the download save somewhere so I can just restart the update or do I have to re download it all again?
mydnyghtblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You can check to see if any of your books were updated. Check date and time of last update.

I suspect that no books are updated and instead you have a lot of temporary files in the temp folder, after the reboot. Files in the process of being updated. It is junk now. Might be a good idea to delete.

If there are problems with one of your books, corrupt format for instance, then update of metadata will halt on that book once more if you try again.

You will have to start over. Try several smaller batches!

Last edited by Adoby; 08-06-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert