Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #1
panamajack
panamajack began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
SD card image needed

Hi all, please ecxcuse my English, it is not my first language.
The other day I bricked my Clara HD. While trying to switch to another SD-card, I accidentally formatted the original card before making a backup.
Could somebody please send me a working image?
Thank you,
panamajack
Old 08-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 08-16-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
panamajack

It worked! My Clara HD lives!
Thank you, David!
Old 08-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamajack View Post
It worked! My Clara HD lives!
Thank you, David!
You're welcome. Did you leave the dummy serial number?
Old 08-17-2018, 02:17 AM   #5
panamajack

No, I used Hex editor and changed the dummy to my Clara´s original number.
I found the dummy # in three places in the image.
Advert
Old 09-24-2018, 10:46 PM   #6
erihc
Noob HD
erihc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Hello David,
I am in the same boat.
I have original images for the Glo HD.
Even when syncing/upgrading to the latest release: a Glo HD sd will not work in the Clara HD. Lesson learnt.
Would you be so kind and direct me to the location for a Clara HD sd card image?
thank you
Erich
Old 09-25-2018, 02:37 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 10-15-2018, 05:01 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Clara image in Tolino Shine3

Would you be so kind and direct me to the location for a Clara HD sd card image?

I have a Tolino Shine3 and Im interested, if this Image works with this device.

Regards
Old 10-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #9
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post

I have a Tolino Shine3 and Im interested, if this Image works with this device.

Regards
I wanted to ask the same question. So the interest goes +1
Old 10-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have to admit I am very curious about whether this will work, so PMs sent.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:15 PM   #11
J-T
J-T began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I too would appreciate a link to the Clara SD Image.
I am planning to buy a Tolino Shine 3 and would like to try the Kobo Clara SD Image as well.
Has somebody had any Succes with that Combination?
Old 10-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent. And I haven't heard any reports of success.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:44 AM   #13
J-T
J-T began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you.
I'm waiting for a Promotion on the Tolino Shine 3 before i buy, so it might be some time before i can try the Kobo Clara Image.

Could you please tell me where the Dummy Serial Number is? The one Panamajack was talking about earlier in the Thread.
I googled for Variations of "Kobo Clara Serial Number" but couldn't find anything related.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:31 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The serial number is in the same place in all the images. Starting at offset 0x200, there is "SN-" followed by the serial number. It is 13 characters long and should start with the model number.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:39 AM   #15
listiajing
listiajing began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
kobo clara hd .img

hi pls help me.. i need the original .img for clara hd...casue mine just have blinking light and no response to the screen..blank screen from the beginning
thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, image, issue